Equations that always end at 13?

So I recently bought a gaff deck and I want to use the 13 of diamonds with math.

I'm planning to do a trick where the participant gets their age, blah blah blah (insert math here) and it should end at the number 13.

If you know any, please tell me some equations?

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Think of a number. Multiply it by 9. Add the digits together. If your number is more than one digit keep adding the digits until you have a one digit number. (Number 9, Number 9, Number 9.) Now add 4.

It would also seem that you can think of any multi-digit number, add the digits together and subtract that from the original number and add the digits of the new number together until you have a single digit number (Number 9, Number 9, Number 9). Now add 4.

I haven't verified that the second one always works, but it seems to and it appears to be a known thing. The first one is tried and true, but possibly too well known.

I don't think you are going to find much specific to 13, but lost of ways to get 9 (Number 9, Number 9, Number 9).

Reactions: lolhammertime
Think of a number. Multiply it by 9. Add the digits together. If your number is more than one digit keep adding the digits until you have a one digit number. (Number 9, Number 9, Number 9.) Now add 4.

It would also seem that you can think of any multi-digit number, add the digits together and subtract that from the original number and add the digits of the new number together until you have a single digit number (Number 9, Number 9, Number 9). Now add 4.

I haven't verified that the second one always works, but it seems to and it appears to be a known thing. The first one is tried and true, but possibly too well known.

I don't think you are going to find much specific to 13, but lost of ways to get 9 (Number 9, Number 9, Number 9).
cool it actually works! thanx

Apr 5, 2016
I tried it. It is really very nice trick..
Friends must try it.

Reactions: lolhammertime
I tried it. It is really very nice trick..
Friends must try it.
Pssst... use the reply quote feature next time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results