Erdnase Go Round Help!

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I am having extreme difficulties with Erdnase Go Round.

I'm not sure if it is my grip, but it is physically impossible for me to pull down half of the deck with my fingertips, especially in that position. Do you have any tips or subtleties that could help me with this?

Thank you!

Feb 27, 2008
France
Hi
First of all i will said you that the peoblem did you mention is not really one... Anyways if you have normal hands ( 2*5 fingers, 2*5 nails, 2*1 wrist ...) you should be able to do it.
So here is my tips:

Try to take a break with your thumb and make sure that yours fingers really maintain perfectly the deck
And my last tip is to be sure that you hold the cards EXACTLY like the bucks.

Hope it help

Cheers

P+m

Hi Michael,

It doesn't sound to me like you have problems with this; in fact you’ll be pleased to know that it sounds very normal. I too had this issue when I first learned the move; it just happens to be one of the first milestones you must get over before proceeding with your practice.

I think the best course of action would be to ensure you have the correct grips. For this I would recommend learning the Erdnase Shift first before attempting such an advanced flourish. You can find the write-up on page 101 of the Erdnase "Bible". Once you are sure that you do, it will just be a matter of time before your hands ‘mould into shape’ and feel comfortable with that grip – from there it’s a simple matter of hardcore practice. :)

Hope this helps,
Jordan

P.S. You may also find it of interest to check out page 9 of Dan and Dave Buck's PDF, Five - which is actually the place where I learned the Revolution Erdnase. To be honest, before reading this description I was unable to perform the move at all - the write-up in the Twins' notes certainly gave me the courage to work on the move, and ultimately learn more advanced methods (such as Erdnase Go Round).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results