Erdnase Shift

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,

I really want to learn the Erdnase Shift, and I have tried learning it from books such as Expert at the Card Table and Totally out of Control. But I am struggling, not because of the difficulty of the sleight but because I'm completely failing in grasping the concept from the book(s).

I have perservered with the books, but I think now I really need a visual aid.

Can anyone direct me to a DVD teaching this move?

Thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
What's taught on Past Midnight Disc 2 is the Erdnase one-handed shift/cut.

The actual erdnase shift/pass (full title S.W.Erdnase shift) can be found in The Expert at the Card Table. I believe Wesley James has a DVD which covers everything in the book.

- Sean

Apr 28, 2008
What's taught on Past Midnight Disc 2 is the Erdnase one-handed shift/cut.

The actual erdnase shift/pass (full title S.W.Erdnase shift) can be found in The Expert at the Card Table. I believe Wesley James has a DVD which covers everything in the book.

- Sean

I've heard that the Wesley James set is terrible,apparently he doesn't perform the moves properly and sometimes teaches his own 'variations' that are worse than the original moves.

Allan Ackerman is releasing a set of DVD's on Expert at the Card Table which should be a lot better, I think these are coming out over the next few weeks.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I've heard that the Wesley James set is terrible,apparently he doesn't perform the moves properly and sometimes teaches his own 'variations' that are worse than the original moves.

Allan Ackerman is releasing a set of DVD's on Expert at the Card Table which should be a lot better, I think these are coming out over the next few weeks.

Yeah I heard the same thing, I didn't know that about Allan Ackerman - I may very well just have to check those out.

- Sean

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've not seen the set, but Wesley James has some serious chops, so I'm surprised to see such negativity towards his ability. Of course, I reckon the Ackerman set will be better (because c'mon- it's Allan Ackerman!), but I'd love to read a review of the James set from somebody wh ohas it?

CL

Sep 1, 2007
I thought I'd bump this to save making a new thread on the topic:

The reason I'm trying to learn the Erdnase Shift is for 2 reasons.

1. To eventually learn the Rev. E.
2. To learn S.W Elevator.

So I'm mastering the 1 handed Erdnase shift now, but I can't see how this can accomplish S.W. Elevator. Is it the same shift as used in the S.W.E or is another Erdnase Shift used?

Cheers.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
The cut used in Rev.E is a reverse 1-handed erdnase cut not shift. With a revolution in it.

The S.W.Elevator uses the S.W.E shift, which is entirely different and much more difficult to execute swiftly (for me anyway :p) hope that helps. :)

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
The cut used in Rev.E is a reverse 1-handed erdnase cut not shift. With a revolution in it.

The S.W.Elevator uses the S.W.E shift, which is entirely different and much more difficult to execute swiftly (for me anyway :p) hope that helps. :)

- Sean
I'm learning the 1 handed cut variation I think, although it still is kind of a shift, seen as both packets shift :p.

So the SWE Shift uses 2 hands in SWElevator?

Thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm learning the 1 handed cut variation I think, although it still is kind of a shift, seen as both packets shift :p.

So the SWE Shift uses 2 hands in SWElevator?

Thanks.

1) That's true. >_> :p

2) Yes, it uses 2 hands - not only in S.W.Elevator but in general too. I think it's on page 186 of Expert at the Card Table under the title "S.W.E Shift"... Don't quote me on that though. :(

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
We are listening....

Love,

Katie

Oh noes! They're watching... All around us!! Cover your secrets!!! :eek:

It's nice to know that you are listening - I'm starting to question people's intent with the advanced 1-on-1's. It's starting to seem more like "More advanced 1on1's so I can learn it and be cool with advanced stuff!".

Maybe that's just me seeing that though.

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results