Escapeology Products?

Oct 11, 2007
Hey I was wondering if there were any escape artists out there that could give me advice on what kind of handcuffs and leg irons I should buy to start. I was also wondering what I should get to learn how to pick. Pretty much, anyone with knowledge of escapeology, what do I need to get started?

-emagician :cool:

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
buy a straightjacket. get in and try to escape. dont stop until you do. for added motivation do it upside down. there are lots of books on lock picking, i dont know which is best nut if you do a search you will find plenty.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
If your preforming live, lock pick a Smith and Wesson pair of Hand cuffs. If you check this site..
This should be some help.
And if you want one of the best Pair of handcuffs look for Model 103P Linked handcuffs, from them. They are the best In my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow - if you have no experience in escapes and you want to perform 'true' escapes (meaning that you don't want to use gaffs) then you have a very long road in front of you..

lock picking requires more than just knowlegde & skill, there's a 'touch' that you'll achieve and nothing short of experience will teach you how to deal with all the various lock mechanisms in use today..

that said - if you're serious about this - then go out and get yourself a cutaway pin-tumbler lock, and a pick set - steer clear of pick guns if you really want to learn the skills.. with a cutaway - you can 'cheat' while you're learning and see what's going on inside the lock..

cutaway locks & picks:
http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/lockopen.html

if you only want to do an escape routine - just get yourself a gaffed straight jacket and some gaffed handcuffs or a set of standard issue handcuffs and a few spare keys..

presented properly - nobody will know the difference but you..

if you really want to learn the art - start with cannon's and grab a few good books, some picks & some locks and study, study, study =)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results