Eugene Burger's Coin Clip

Jan 10, 2008
Hello people, I have never really been a coin worker per-se, but I have mastered a few really great tricks. My favorite coin trick has always been Eugene Burger's 3 Coin Mystery. (Pure Magic!) The only problem was that I couldn't find the proper clip to make it work like it should. I have recently solved this problem:http://www.yourmagic.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=2&products_id=174 I urge anyone reading this to spend the 5 dollars for this clip. I doesn't look like much but it handles beautifully. Totally silent! For those of you reading this that are not familiar, this is the 3 Coin Mystery:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmPdbCWXms
The reason for this post is because these clips, according to the seller, are in limited supply and I know from experience how hard these clips are to come by. I hope that this post inspires somebody.

Sincerely,
David

Mar 22, 2009
Phoenix
www.wix.com
coin clip

when i first got that video, it was supposed to come with the clip that Eugene makes himself. Mine was missing that so i simply emailed him and he was glad to make one for me and send it free of charge. Its a really nice one too! :)

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. But coin clips bug me.

They all make noise. ALL of them. And usually, that's fine.

But what if you could buy a totally soundless coin clip that costs less than 2 bucks and will NEVER break or let you down?

Then maybe you'd run to a Toys R Us and get some silly putty.

Just saving some of you a few bucks...

Scott.

The way Eugene recommends making the clip soundproof is simple and really is soundproof. Any sound mimics a series of coins being put inside the fist of your hand.

BTW you can still find the clips in a stationary store that is locally owned. Staples, Office Depot, etc don't carry them. I scored several last year in a local store. The dust on the box was an inch thick when we pulled it off the shelf.

Good luck.

Nov 3, 2009
what exactly is the use of a bankers coin clip? a google search didnt really pull up much at all, save for the discussion of shaving other coins to pull silver from them, back when you could that is.

Sep 4, 2007
Chesterfield, MI
What reactions do you get with this trick?

To present it as a 3 coin mystery where they just vanish seems to leave the audience kinda flat.
When he introduces the trick by saying he always likes "Carnival Games" it has no connection to the 3 coins vanishing.

It doesn't matter if you vanish 1 coin or 3, it seems to land flat as an entertainment piece. Does anyone incorporate this into an extended presentation?

Andy
Coin Magic Tricks Blog

Aug 17, 2010
I first saw Eugene Burger use it a the end of a coins through the table routine. Three coins, one at a time through the table, then vanished them all at once from his fist.

There was also a bit about a die that changed colour and grew.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results