EvanEra opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
So i was posting something on a thread by @Antonio Diavolo, and it has been removed. This will probably be removed as well.

Here is my original post

"One of the most heart breaking moments in my life was the time I did the Stealth pen (one of my top effects of all time)
to some of the football players, and got a nice reaction. While the offensive coordinator was running away screaming and everyone is freaking out, one kid, looks up at me and says "that was amazing! But I know how to do it" I shrugged it off, i get that sometimes and just ignored it.

A few months later I do another trick for them (crazy man's handcuffs), and got a really good reaction. I go to sit down, and he walks back up to me and says "If I pay you, can you teach me some cool tricks" I get this from time to time I always say "maybe" and nothing ever happens. He looks at me and talks about the stealth pen and say "you got that from EvanEra.com, right?"
I felt as if I spread out my arms and legs and let someone hit me in the stomach with a Shovel. I'm looking at this kid who may end up purchasing a 20$ trick that is actually only like $3, and he goes on to ask me How exactly i snuck the "Payload" under the bill. Obviously I used misdirection, but Not only did EvanEra Teach it, HE DIDN'T TEACH IT WELL IF HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!!!!!! I felt so bad for him he was essentially walking on a broken Leg up a treadmill. I didn't know what to say. EvanEra doesn't teach. He reveals. I watched video half way, because it had the most UNREALISTIC reactions!! I mean he was literally pulling something behind a mirror and the guy was freaking out.

I didn't tell the poor kid not to watch him, because I wanted time to phrase it. I was so tempted to let him borrow my copy of The magic of Micheal Ammar, However it is autographed. IDK, I almost created a whole thread about it. I feel if someone wants to learn they can, but this way will hurt him in the long run. It isn't the kid's fault, its our fault for thinking it was harmless and letting him get 20,000,000 Without stopping him, and letting him potentially ruin the future generation of magicians. I'm not going to sit here and lie. I've watched more than my fair share of Jarek 1:20, 52Kards, and scam school growing up.Possible more than I've read books, and watched lectures, but even from my perspective what he is doing is wrong.

In conclusion: EvanEra Uses click-baity thumbnails to fool people into clicking, just shows how its done, but does not explain!!!! He then steals their money for overpriced plastic. Maybe we should be like Jay Sankey, and collab with him so his viewers will come to us and we can help them out properly? I doubt it would work though."

So the moderators can delete this for exposure, I wanted this story out there.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
So i was posting something on a thread by @Antonio Diavolo, and it has been removed. This will probably be removed as well.

Here is my original post

"One of the most heart breaking moments in my life was the time I did the Stealth pen (one of my top effects of all time)
to some of the football players, and got a nice reaction. While the offensive coordinator was running away screaming and everyone is freaking out, one kid, looks up at me and says "that was amazing! But I know how to do it" I shrugged it off, i get that sometimes and just ignored it.

A few months later I do another trick for them (crazy man's handcuffs), and got a really good reaction. I go to sit down, and he walks back up to me and says "If I pay you, can you teach me some cool tricks" I get this from time to time I always say "maybe" and nothing ever happens. He looks at me and talks about the stealth pen and say "you got that from EvanEra.com, right?"
I felt as if I spread out my arms and legs and let someone hit me in the stomach with a Shovel. I'm looking at this kid who may end up purchasing a 20$ trick that is actually only like $3, and he goes on to ask me How exactly i snuck the "Payload" under the bill. Obviously I used misdirection, but Not only did EvanEra Teach it, HE DIDN'T TEACH IT WELL IF HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!!!!!! I felt so bad for him he was essentially walking on a broken Leg up a treadmill. I didn't know what to say. EvanEra doesn't teach. He reveals. I watched video half way, because it had the most UNREALISTIC reactions!! I mean he was literally pulling something behind a mirror and the guy was freaking out.

I didn't tell the poor kid not to watch him, because I wanted time to phrase it. I was so tempted to let him borrow my copy of The magic of Micheal Ammar, However it is autographed. IDK, I almost created a whole thread about it. I feel if someone wants to learn they can, but this way will hurt him in the long run. It isn't the kid's fault, its our fault for thinking it was harmless and letting him get 20,000,000 Without stopping him, and letting him potentially ruin the future generation of magicians. I'm not going to sit here and lie. I've watched more than my fair share of Jarek 1:20, 52Kards, and scam school growing up.Possible more than I've read books, and watched lectures, but even from my perspective what he is doing is wrong.

In conclusion: EvanEra Uses click-baity thumbnails to fool people into clicking, just shows how its done, but does not explain!!!! He then steals their money for overpriced plastic. Maybe we should be like Jay Sankey, and collab with him so his viewers will come to us and we can help them out properly? I doubt it would work though."

So the moderators can delete this for exposure, I wanted this story out there.
Damn...

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
Xavior Spade did a pretty funny video a few months back trashing Evan Era. He invited him to go to the magic convention in Vegas... just so he could punch him..lol

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in here and offer the reason why I removed the other thread. It wasn't really a topic that is suitable for this forum as it also contained videos of exposure and was going in the direction of bashing someone else. There really wasn't going to be much productive conversation around the topic, so I had it removed and notified the original poster why it was removed.

When a thread devolves into discussion about punching someone, it is time for the topic to go away. With that said I have closed this thread. If you have any questions please send me a message. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results