Everyday cards

Nov 2, 2008
Hey guys im new to T11, and sort of to magic, and i want to get some nice cards that i can use everyday to practice. Nothing fancy like split spades or smoke and mirrors, just some cards i can buy in a pack and get alot of use out of them. I was thinking like tally-ho's, alladin's, what do you guys suggest?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
For regular practice decks, you'll want to look at Tallys.

For the sake of trying them though, you should, in time, buy like just one of each of the most popular decks and try them out though - you never know what you'll like, it's a matter of personal preference.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
It really depends where you live, and how easy it is to access the afformentioned cards.

I myself, live in Norway - now this is far enough from almost everyone else here already, so it's no easy job to find a brick of Tally Ho playing cards, not to mention Studs or Arrco's.

So now the matter is not which one's you like best - but more of which ones you like best from the ones you can come by. I don't know where you live, if it's in the US, then I regret taking my time on this post - but if you live substantially far away from a KFC, then chances are such playing cards are hard to find.

I would strongly reccomend, then, that you purchase Bicycle playing cards, either red or blue (personal preference is yours) for everyday use. I doubt you would be abole to order so many cards form somewhere online everytime, so having a deck of cards that is quick, accessible, and in no way expensive would be the way to go. Bicycle playing cards are also one of the most used cards for gimmicks and trick decks, so you cwould have no problem blending those into your normal decks.

Ah - in other, simpler words, purchase Bicycles, you will not regret it ;)

GW

Aug 5, 2008
go with regular bikes ... if ur new to magic go with bikes ..... dont go with tallys, alassins, wynns, arrcos, etc.

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
This is coming from a relative new person's point of view.

I get the two-packs of Bicycles at the big-name grocery stores. They stock them in the check-out line near the bottom shelf. The two-pack is cheaper than a single pack at the drug store or gas station.

I also played a trick on myself to get over the fear of any effect which causes damage to one or more cards. All of the blue decks are left alone as ordinary decks. Red decks can be mangled as needed by anyone who needs to mangle it for the effect to work. This way I always know that the blue decks are good to use for the bulk of my practicing.

Again, this may vary based on where you are located and/or able to shop for cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results