Exact break count from the bottom

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Are there any sources that teach a way to get a break under an exact card, one handed and rather quickly, like a pinky count, but from the bottom of the deck?

For example, If I wanted to get a break under the 40th card, in 5 seconds or so, where pinky counting would be impractical.

Thanks.

i'm wondering the same thing. Best thing i've come across is the pinky pull down or buckling the cards but..... you can only really get like 3 or four cards with any speed or accuracy on either of those.
Soooo, i'm curious too. If anyone knows of something, lets hear it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Easiest way sounds like a short card. Just clip a corner and riffle. As Mr. Ection said, for 3-4 cards, use a buckle. If you're up for practicing, you can also just learn estimation.

Sep 14, 2009
Check out the first double lift described in Expert Card Technique.

I forget the name, but will reference it later.

I also know that Racherbaumer does a trick where he faros the deck and slightly jogs the cards to count to an exact location faster. (Since you will count every other card if the cards are jogged)

Or.. Just bevel the deck and count.

Breather crimps and short cards help drastically as well.. Check out Paul CUmmins notes on that.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I just had a quick look through my copy of ECT, and it looks like all those three methods should work well for you. Although, you might need some practice - I managed to do it fine, but it really started cramping up my thumb muscles after only one or two attempts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results