Exile performed by D

Oct 5, 2008
Well first let me say hello to all of you, I've been a account member here at Theory11 for awhile, I mostly have everything here. I've been doing magic for awhile now and thought I'd become a member here.
Here is my youtube page with alot of my stuff on there, including magic and flourshing
http://www.youtube.com/user/iwilleatthebag
and I thought since I'd join the forums here on Theory11 I would make it special, so here is my performance of "Exile" I did on my neighbor the other day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV3woDb68LE

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, honestly, I think you copy off daniel madison a bit to much...the black in white, high contrast, random scenes of your face and hand, etc. In the words of the man himself: "Inspiration is often confused with the desire to imitate."

But other than that, everything seems pretty cool and high quality.

Oct 5, 2008
Well, honestly, I think you copy off daniel madison a bit to much...the black in white, high contrast, random scenes of your face and hand, etc. In the words of the man himself: "Inspiration is often confused with the desire to imitate."

But other than that, everything seems pretty cool and high quality.

I get that alot, Im not trying to copy him at all, I mean I think he is great and all, but being yourself is one of the most important things in the magic industry, and I believe in that, and my videos have always been in black and white, its from a professional videoographer view point, putting your videos in cromotone ( black and white ) and makes your video quility better, you see more, such as shadows. Thats why my videos are like that.
Thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
No offense, but how can you say you don't copy Daniel Madison.

Your name is dontavius+R just like daniel+M, your videos are in B+W, you do that weird thing with the skippy framerates and you have a similar look.

Oct 5, 2008

Your name is dontavius+R just like daniel+M, your videos are in B+W, you do that weird thing with the skippy framerates and you have a similar look.

Sorry, I just think I dont copy him, I've been putting my videos how they're before I was aware of Daniel Madison.
If you go to my page you will see all my videos are edited in Black and white also with differnt layers of effects. Read my last post, I explain why my videos are in black and white. Im sorry I just dont really dont see myself as a copy of him because I have been doing this before I knew about him.

Yeah on youtube his signature is d+R, just like d+M.

I just have one question for him:

If Daniel Madison did not exist, would your style/videos/you still be the same?

Oct 5, 2008
Yeah on youtube his signature is d+R, just like d+M.

I just have one question for him:

If Daniel Madison did not exist, would your style/videos/you still be the same?

As I said above, I have been doing what I have been doing and same look before I was aware of Daniel Madison.

Oct 5, 2008
Even the d+R thing?

I did the "+" thing because a couple months ago my younger brother which is 4 years old asked me what is
"blank+blank"
the blanks were my first name and last name, so he was asking what would it equal if you add my name together and I thought that look kinda differnt and unique so I used that. And my youtube name "Dontavius roivas" I got that from my own name and the word savior. My first name starts with a D, so I used Dontavius because it sounds differnt and savior, one of my favorite words, I just put that backwards which is "roivas" thats where I got my name from.

Oct 5, 2008
Looks exactly like that, but I dont think that he put the X's under the coin the same way ;)

No offence but how would you know? Really..? You dont have eXile, and if you do say so.
Could you tell me how you think its done?
Thanks.

I did the "+" thing because a couple months ago my younger brother which is 4 years old asked me what is
"blank+blank"
the blanks were my first name and last name, so he was asking what would it equal if you add my name together and I thought that look kinda differnt and unique so I used that. And my youtube name "Dontavius roivas" I got that from my own name and the word savior. My first name starts with a D, so I used Dontavius because it sounds differnt and savior, one of my favorite words, I just put that backwards which is "roivas" thats where I got my name from.

Yeah but where did the "+" come from in the first place? And then the lowercase d and the uppercase R? You can't expect us to believe d+M using the same thing is just a couincidence?(spellcheck).
You had to see this coming, I mean that everyone would call you daniel madison wannabe.
Don't get me wrong, you've got my respect, please just don't take any of what I say in the wrong way.

Oct 5, 2008
Yeah but where did the "+" come from in the first place? And then the lowercase d and the uppercase R? You can't expect us to believe d+M using the same thing is just a couincidence?(spellcheck).
You had to see this coming, I mean that everyone would call you daniel madison wannabe.
Don't get me wrong, you've got my respect, please just don't take any of what I say in the wrong way.

No I totally get what you're saying. Trust me I hear it alot, haha.
Like I said above with the situation with my little brother, thats where I got the "+" from and how I came up with the d+R, I thought writing out Dontavius+Roivas was really long and drawn out to read, and kinda annyoing if you see it pop up everywhere. So I just took the initials then just added in the "+" . I been tyring to think of something else to use to shorten it down but I cant think of anything, if you can think of anything or anyone here please feel free to suggest it.
Thanks.

Oct 5, 2008
Just call yourself "Don."

Don..hmm..I'll think about it, thanks for the suggestion. I just dont want people thinking Im a fanboy of "Don" from gears of war,hahaha ( awesome game ) Don does sound good through, thanks alot again for your suggestion really means alot.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
No I totally get what you're saying. Trust me I hear it alot, haha.
Like I said above with the situation with my little brother, thats where I got the "+" from and how I came up with the d+R, I thought writing out Dontavius+Roivas was really long and drawn out to read, and kinda annyoing if you see it pop up everywhere. So I just took the initials then just added in the "+" . I been tyring to think of something else to use to shorten it down but I cant think of anything, if you can think of anything or anyone here please feel free to suggest it.
Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't really wanna get involved, but when you have this on your YouTube profile:

Visual Art | Subterfuge | Deception | Astonishment | Underground Magic

and every one of your videos is in black and white, your name is d+R, you have the random jumps to shots of your face, high contrast and the song "Need Nothing" by The Sandman (featured in one of Daniel Madison's videos) in your favourites, you do look a lot like a copy of Daniel Madison.

Plus, you have a few similar videos to Daniel. "Blade", "Burn", "Bound"... sound familiar?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results