Expert Cardmen Challenge help

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
Ok this is for every one who know they are good with the cards

what are the hardest "tricks" to master
or that you could only do with lots of experience
i want to challenge myself and all i see is the same double lifts and passes and glides etc...

im not trying to sound like im really good
i just want a good challenge with the deck of cards ( XCM is not what im looking for)

so wayne, chris, dan and dave, or any other guys that have been doing it for years and years

what are the hardest tricks (or slights) to master
i really want a good challenge

thanks so much

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
:D I like a lot you post.
I Want that challenge 2.
I have an idea
Its a Difficult sleight
Form Ray Cosby Impossible Card Magic
U must do the trick called Raise RIse, One handed.
PLz post more challenges here :D
Thx
Nicolas Palacios

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Ray Cosby's "ambitious riser" (the move used in Raise Rise) is difficult in general to pull off smoothly. I've heard from a bunch of sources that it is one of the more difficult sleights in card magic to make natural

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
If you want a real challenge with a deck of cards, look no further than "By Forces Unseen" - the card magic of Ernest Earick written by Stephen Minch.

Not only is the sleight of hand hardcore, but the effects described are worth the effort. You will not be disappointed!

Sep 1, 2007
Agreed on the Ray Cosby. In the media section there is a trick called "Top Shot" Using Lenart Green's Top Shot technique. This, although more taxing than "difficult" is a beautiful technique. Try to deal a full game of poker for four hours using only that technique to deal :D. Remember, it is only perfect if the card "appears" in your hand, not if it looks like you "shot" it out of your hand.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
Roll Over Aces.

And I second Br Forces Unseen, but only get it if you absolutely want to torture your hands. I tryed them a year ago and I think my hands might have actually been crying for a little bit.

Sep 1, 2007
Generation Extreme with Brian Tudor check it out at penguin there is some XCM but it does offer tricks too i guarantee no matter how good you think your are you will not be able to do these. my friend bought it and just watching it made me dizzy

Sep 1, 2007
Roll Over Aces.

And I second Br Forces Unseen, but only get it if you absolutely want to torture your hands. I tryed them a year ago and I think my hands might have actually been crying for a little bit.

This made me smile :)

There's some great performance vids of the effects from this book on youtube, really interesting to see what it looks like once you've mastered the sleights involved. Very pretty.

Sep 1, 2007
To be honest, the effects from By Forces Unseen that you wold actually perform on a day to day basis arent all that hard. Jacksyna(ps)ces or House Guest for example. Nothing in that book was terribly terribly taxing to be fair. Claptrap is said to be one of the best effects in the book...its not very hard really, theres only one or 2 moves that are easily substituted to make the routine easier. I didnt find anything from that book to be really really hard to learn.

A nice challenge for you would to get your pass good enough that even a magician burnning your hands wouldnt be able to see it....That would be quite the feat.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Ok this is for every one who know they are good with the cards

what are the hardest "tricks" to master
or that you could only do with lots of experience
i want to challenge myself and all i see is the same double lifts and passes and glides etc...

im not trying to sound like im really good
i just want a good challenge with the deck of cards ( XCM is not what im looking for)

so wayne, chris, dan and dave, or any other guys that have been doing it for years and years

what are the hardest tricks (or slights) to master
i really want a good challenge

thanks so much

there are many card tricks that are difficul to learn and perform, but there are 2 things that are actually the most difficult to master in everysense, to make them perfect and look totally natural...they are the pass and a simple double lift.

-BRad

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
To be honest, the effects from By Forces Unseen that you wold actually perform on a day to day basis arent all that hard. Jacksyna(ps)ces or House Guest for example. Nothing in that book was terribly terribly taxing to be fair. Claptrap is said to be one of the best effects in the book...its not very hard really, theres only one or 2 moves that are easily substituted to make the routine easier. I didnt find anything from that book to be really really hard to learn.

Well if you are substituting moves, then of course it is gonna be easier.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Buy the book Drawing Room Deceptions, by Guy Hollingworth.

Any routine in that book will be a challenge for you. If you can learn two of the routines in the book and can get them to performance status, you will pass.

Good luck.

Keenan

Sep 2, 2007
London
My personal challenge is mastering the estimation centre deal. If this could be performed with 100% accuracy there are a whole spectrum of amazing effects that could be acheived.

Sep 2, 2007
By far, grandpa aces. learn it then master it, no one can perform it like david. I've been practicing for 5 months and still is no where near david's skill. post a video of grandpa aces and try making it perfect.

Sep 1, 2007
Try to do classic pass more than 100 times per minute
The best record I've made was 99 times per minute

Ambitious Riser of course

molecule 2,I just find the T.G Murphy Deck Flip super hard,I've exercised it day and night for months,still can't make it perfect,especially with one card production(But maybe it's just my experience)

Anti-Faro(But somebody said it's just something knack,though it's hard)

And the hardest thing is to make all your routines smooth and natural,like Arnaud Chevrier's routines

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
Hey everyone thanks for the suggestions
i will say that I am working on raise rise and i must say my pinky is me (haha)
by forces unseen looks good i will have to head over to H&R books and check it out
as for my center dear (haha) not so great i will definately look into that
as for guys hollingsworth he is amazing and i love all his effects so i will look at his stuff a little more

thanks again for the advice so far and keep posting

i will keep looking at what you guys say

later!

Well...

I'm gonna go with nicolaspalacios. The raise rise (ambitous rise) is a very difficult move to master. I've seen people try and fail and after LOADS of practive they can do it averagely. If you want a challenge go with that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results