Exposure = Corn Flakes

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
In the cereal industry, there are a lot of different choices. You have Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, etc. The kids love these exciting new flavors of breakfast-y goodness. However, in the masses of smiling children and health-maniac adults, there is one cereal that maybe 1% of society eats.

Ladies and Gentlemen, that cereal is Corn Flakes.

No one likes Corn Flakes, but it remains oh-so diabolically on the cereal shelf. Taunting us with it's wood-flavored flakes of harm and sorrow. The only people who buy Corn Flakes are elderly people, an I'm pretty sure even they don't even eat them.

So here's my point:

Magic Public Enemy #1 is not exposure. It is bad magic. Go read the interviews of the core team of Theory11, and you'll see they all tend to agree on the fact that poorly done magic is indeed very not cool. Mr. Kenner actually enjoys laughing(on the inside) at bad magic, as he finds it to be a joke.

Corn Flakes are not the enemy of cereal companies. Pop-Tarts, Toaster Struedel, and McDonald's are the enemy! No one eats Corn Flakes, they suck.

So the truth is, most of the people that engage in exposure regularly, if not all people, are pretty much going to fade out in a year and no one is going to notice, because they weren't a contribution to magic. Out of that small percentage of magicians, there will be a few who understand and realize, and will rise above the masses of peasants, and becomes one with the community.

However, on the flip side, the exposure mongers will NEVER see success because of one vital secret to magic.

-Magic requires passion, effort, and hard work.-

And if you're an exposure-hungry wannabe, that rule clearly does not apply to you.

As a creator myself, who has seen his DVD being torrented and shared, exposure is mean. It makes me angry, however, I get angrier when I see a video on youtube teaching or performing my effect, and if that wasn't enough to make me mad, they suck at teaching it. I get mad, but I let it go, because I know in my heart that MY hard work will pay off, and their simple-minded attempts at being cool will be forgotten as they pursue sports or women.

So concentrate on more important things, like enjoying the many flavors magic has to offer. Have a bowl of Apple Jacks while you read Luke Jermay or study the inner depths of Banachek's genius while you munch on Honey Nut Cheerios. Just don't pay heed to the dastardly Corn Flakes/aka Exposure Wannabes, because no one really likes them anyway.

|| sean ||

Sep 1, 2007
I literally laughed when I read the title, but the metaphor was nice, and it was a good read.

But whats your problem with Corn Flakes! Heh, i'm kidding.

...I heart Apple Jacks...

Great post Sean. Like I have said in the past one million, two hundred thousand, three hundred and fourty two posts ranting about exposure, just let it die out on it's own.

When you talk about it on the internet, you just add fuel to the fire further advertising their pathetic existance.

If we just let it go, it will take care of itself...

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
Who doesn't have a problem with Corn Flakes? That crap sucks. Heck I ate them once, and even then I unloaded sugar upon their grainy flakeage(not a word) of unsweetened unholiness.

I saw all the exposure threads and figured I would chip in with a universal opinion.

I was going to compare exposure with the socially awkward guy at a party too, but I REALLY hate corn flakes.

Sep 1, 2007

Yes, lets just let the people robbing money from the artists, and company's that make and sell the tricks, lets let them take care of it them self. What do you think? one day they will just wake up and feel real bad? then take down all there videos and stop making more? Sorry, but its sounds silly to me.

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
...I heart Apple Jacks...

Great post Sean. Like I have said in the past one million, two hundred thousand, three hundred and fourty two posts ranting about exposure, just let it die out on it's own.

When you talk about it on the internet, you just add fuel to the fire further advertising their pathetic existance.

Hey hey Goofy,

Nice to see you around my good lad. Have you, and the rest of the E-gang missed me? : )

Sep 1, 2007
I feel less alone in my stance on exposure now.

And it's true, Corn Flakes are bland dandruff off the head of mediocrity.

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
Yes, lets just let the people robbing money from the artists, and company's that make and sell the tricks, lets let them take care of it them self. What do you think? one day they will just wake up and feel real bad? then take down all there videos and stop making more? Sorry, but its sounds silly to me.

No, one day they'll wake up and realize that they're getting nowhere in life, and give up on magic. And why do I think that? Because I've met a lot of them, and they just happen to not do magic anymore, at all.

Plus, being that I've worked all the big online forums, and seen all the major exposure sites, compared to the Cafe, they're a grain of sand. Plus, I've never heard of one attaining any kind of success.

No, they're gonna wake up one day and just not care any more. I would get bored after a while...

And Sean, I hate Corn Flakes just as much as the next guy, but Rasin Bran is at the top of my list of discustingness...I just dont like shribbled up grapes in my breakfast and milk.

Hey hey Goofy,

Nice to see you around my good lad. Have you, and the rest of the E-gang missed me? : )

Not really...haha, just kidding.

I haven't really liked the E forums since them restricting now pretty much EVERYTHING I try talking about.

"NO SAY PENGUIN MAGIC OR ANYTHING THAT STARTS WITH THE LETTER P" and "NO TALK ABOUT DAN AND DAVE! THATS A BIG NO NO AND WE HAVE AN ARMY OF PEOPLE WAITING TO TELL YOU THAT."

I just got sick of it and decided to stop talking on there. Now I've sorta migrated over here because I'm a fan of freedom of speach.

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
Haha, my freind who I'm doing a stage show with read your post and said, "How smart can you really be to compare magic to cerial?"

I just laughed, haha...funny.

Incredibly brilliant if I must say so myself. Genius!

My next thread topic will be compared to smoothies. Prepare.

|| sean ||

Incredibly brilliant if I must say so myself. Genius!

My next thread topic will be compared to smoothies. Prepare.

|| sean ||

*Braces myself*

...I wanna see that Sean. Now you HAVE to make some kind of thread related to smoothies. If you don't I'm returning my KAOS DVD saying that I wasn't satasfied...Just kidding...Dont hit me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results