Fake $100 Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2008
I'm wanting to perform "Prophet", but I don't have 5 $100 bills lying around. I know you can use different amounts, but I really want to use the $100s.

Does anyone know where I can purchase fake (but real looking) $100 dollar bills, or know of where I can learn to do make them myself?

I dislike the idea of blowing all that money on a trick, and the fact that a spectator is holding a $100 bill of mine.

Jun 2, 2008
What you can do is photocopy your money, i dont reccomend it because you can get into trouble, i photocopyed money to make a inside out £20 note, for a trick.

Its not realy obvious but if dollar bills have silver on them (which im not sure if they do cos im from the UK) but if they do its black instead of silver and its obvious its fake, but ive gave out my £20 note for inspection and nobody has ever questioned it being black where it should be silver

Its not exactly silver its like foil.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Well, I wouldn't recommend doing it with fake bills because after I'm finished performing a money switch, someone in the audience always asks if it's real.
So if you give them a bill, they'll know.
I wouldn't photocopy bills either because that will get you into some trouble. Especially if you accidentally spend it.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California

I'm sorry- you hand your $100 bills (or any bills, for that matter) out to your spectators?

I would suggest taking an image (like snibbor posted) and editing the serial number. Just type in like A1234B1234. Or type in an anagram. Something that's obviously fake to someone who looks at a lot of bills, like a store clerk, etc.

While printing out the bills, you'll want to use a double stock paper, as bills are thicker than normal printer paper.

Here's the back image: click here

===

Of course, you could always get arrested for counterfeiting bills, if you tried spending it.

I'd suggest just using twenties.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I'm sorry- you hand your $100 bills (or any bills, for that matter) out to your spectators?

Yeah, I should mention that I used $20's and have only performed this for my family and friends. I don't own prophet, but I own Hundy 500. So I'm not sure what they taught you to do on that DVD. (whether to change them back or not)

Reactions: chaiLighter

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Yeah, it doesn't necessarily have to be 100$ bills. I don't see anything wrong with using 20's. As long as the amount is different the magic will still be great!

Mitch
I agree with Mitchell, and definitely wouldn't recommend creating fake bills. Unless, of course, prison looks like an appealing place to you. ;)

The second I saw Heiny 500 (Karl Hein's Hundy 500 Variation) I hated it because I knew there was no way I was going to do it with $100 bills. But, liking the effect itself so much, I came upon the idea of using 2$ Bills instead (yes, you can still get them from banks). Its great because its quite cheap and most people have never seen $2 bills before which gives it a unique appeal in my opinion. Also, it opens up the patter to say you are going to double your money.

If you feel like you must make some bills to do it, however, Ted Lesley discusses the photo copying of bills to make "stage money" in his classic text, Paramiracles. To legally make stage money it has to be extremely obvious that it is fake upon even a glance of examination. Ted's bills are one sided and are missing a center.

C=B

May 10, 2008
Yeah, it doesn't necessarily have to be 100$ bills. I don't see anything wrong with using 20's. As long as the amount is different the magic will still be great!

Mitch

That's what I thought at first too. I bought Prophet planning to use it with 5's. A bit different from how you intend to do it, but then again I'm not made of money (not implying that you are). Anyway a friend of mine told me that that was stupid, and that the next thing the spectators are going to ask is if you can make them into hundreds.
I suppose If you do the change quick enough and don't pause, or use heavy crowd control, the audience won't really question you. But, then again you or your spectators won't be able to savor this effect for all its worth.

Jun 2, 2008
Well, I wouldn't recommend doing it with fake bills because after I'm finished performing a money switch, someone in the audience always asks if it's real.
I wouldn't photocopy bills either because that will get you into some trouble. Especially if you accidentally spend it.

Good point but its not everyday you spend $100 note lol

even if i had a real one i wouldnt spend it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Post:

This might help :)

you only need $50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...78&ih=007&category=40126&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Lol i asked someone about this and they said to me "Well.. your a magician so why dont you just magic some", i walked away lol

May 2, 2008
Fake $100 Bills

i think when we are performing magic , we should think out of the box. Maybe we can use the same concept to perform other then changing into bills. How about pieces of paper changing into movie tickets? Great street magic?

Jun 2, 2008
yeh, i was thinking the same thing but more like turning paper into 20's ?

Problem with tricks like this is some teenagers would just take the money off you, and make a remark like "It doesn't matter your a magician you can have as much money as you want" Thats why i dont like money changes, what you should do is the other way round, borrow their money and change it into paper :)

Making you about $5000 an hour :)

May 10, 2008

Problem with tricks like this is some teenagers would just take the money off you, and make a remark like "It doesn't matter your a magician you can have as much money as you want" Thats why i dont like money changes, what you should do is the other way round, borrow their money and change it into paper :)

I seriously might do that :D But of course I would have to change it back. I would love to see the look on their faces when their money becomes useless pieces of paper. :)

In case you are interested, the original Easy Money routine by Pat Page is that very thing, turning paper into cash.

There is actually great psychology behind the method of changing money, especially to lower denominations. Karl Hein has a routine called Just Say Twinkie where a borrowed 1 dollar bill turns into a 2 dollar bill (the spectator gets to keep the two). After seeing that people are more willing to hand over larger amounts of money because they think he is going to make it into even more. This is, of course, when he changes someone's higher bill into a 1. Of course he doesn't keep their money, its all returned (in a great routine I might add) but the psychology is great fun.

C=B

Nov 8, 2007
In my opinion Prophet needs to be done with real $100 bills.

It doesn't make sense to use any other denomination. If you were performing real magic you would turn the 1s into 100s, not 20s. Using fake bills (billion/million/photocopied/etc.) is also just not going to have the same impact.

I can understand why you don't/can't use $100 bills, but at the same time I don't think the trick is going to live up to the potential it's intended to if you don't.

Apr 13, 2008
In my opinion Prophet needs to be done with real $100 bills.

It doesn't make sense to use any other denomination. If you were performing real magic you would turn the 1s into 100s, not 20s. Using fake bills (billion/million/photocopied/etc.) is also just not going to have the same impact.

I can understand why you don't/can't use $100 bills, but at the same time I don't think the trick is going to live up to the potential it's intended to if you don't.

My feelings exactly.

I'll just get a few fake 100's, probaly use the silver number thing one of the other posters mentioned. Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results