Fakini Billiard Balls

Jun 7, 2009
I was looking into getting into some billiard ball manipulation and from what I've gathered Fakini makes the best manipulator's ball. I don't really know any other magicians IRL so I have a few questions I hope you guys can help with.

1: Is Fakini the best brand name? Any other suggestions? Since I'm just starting and work at Target (very poor) is there maybe a cheaper "in the mean time" set I can get my hands on?
2: Since I know no other magicians to try their billiard balls, how do I figure out what size I need?
3: When I google Fakini billiard balls there are not alot of store results, the ones I do find charge between 80 and 150 dollars depending on the size and have VERY limited color options (I'd really rather not get orange or magenta as my set ;P) Where did you guys get yours and what did you pay? I live in the boonies of Maryland so actually trekking out to a magic shop is somewhat out of the question.

Thanks alot guys.

Nov 11, 2008
Germany
I own just 2 Fakini brand-type balls. I picked them up, on a magic flea market, for a good price.

1: Yes, Fakini ist the best brand for billiard balls, but mainly professionals use this type of balls. So just try to search for used Fakini-Balls (Ebay, Flea markets, ...). But there are other good alternatives out there, i can't name you anyone cause my first balls were made from a store in Germany.
2: I think they are selling four sizes (1 3/4 inch, 2 1/4 inch, 2 1/8 inch, 2 inch). So if you want to do the Chicagoer Billard Ball Trick (Which I wouldn't recomment, 'cause too many magicians out there are doing that trick), I wouls use either the smallest or the 2 inch ones. I don't know what handsize you actually have, but other magicians (I know) are using, for the other stuff with Billiard Balls, the bigger Balls (2, 2 1/4, 2 1/8).
3: Yeah, these Balls aren't the cheapest, but on the Internet, they are not so expensive, like in Magic Shops. But at a shop you could maybe try them.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
In my opinion, I think you should just go ahead an purchase a set of Fakini's right off the bat. No need to spend more money experimenting with other brands of multiplying balls when you can already buy the best. I bought my set at Fantasma in NYC for $90. It's a blue 1.75" tournament set. If you go to www.dennymagic.com you can see all the colors there but I'd advise calling or emailing them about the color availability. You can also check the buy/sell/trade section on the cafe to see if anyone is selling their set. As far as which size to get, ideally for stage you'd want to get the 2" set since it's the biggest and you audience will be able to see your routine from far away, but I think the 1.75" set is just fine. Hope I helped.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said you're from Maryland. If you can make the trip, here's the address for Denny & Lee's magic shop.

Ste H
9004 Yellow Brick Rd, Rosedale, MD 21237
(410) 686-3914

If you go, you might be able to handle the Fakini balls yourself and see which size fits you best.

/in before sexual innuendo jokes.

Jun 7, 2009
Thank you both so much, I'm probaby going to take a trip up to Denny and Lee's this weekend and see what I can get into, I called ahead and it turns out they're out of white in every size but I suppose as a worst case scenario I go just to find out what size I need and order white online :p.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results