Fallen Has Fallen Too Low?

Oct 21, 2007
hey theory11ers,
I just want to clear up some thing about the new trick on E, Fallen by Daniel Garcia. I was quite Impressed after seeing the trailer. Then a few days later I asked my friend about the trick, and he didn't say many good things about it. he told me that Fallen was a complete rip off of one of Chris Kenner's tricks from Out of Control called "Elevator Card." He then showed me Shigeo Futagawa 1999 Lecture Notes, in the notes he showed the method of Chris Kenner's Elevator Card (of course saying that it was Chris Kenner's trick). When I read the explanation it seemed almost exactly like Fallen...
So I'm not jumping to conclusions right away, because don't know if Fallen mentioned Chris Kenner's name because i don't own Fallen. Now I just want to hear your comments on this. And I also want to hear from the owners of Fallen to hear what they have to say about this. And I would love Chris Kenner to comment on this thread and maybe clear things up.

hey theory11ers,
I just want to clear up some thing about the new trick on E, Fallen by Daniel Garcia. I was quite Impressed after seeing the trailer. Then a few days later I asked my friend about the trick, and he didn't say many good things about it. he told me that Fallen was a complete rip off of one of Chris Kenner's tricks from Out of Control called "Elevator Card." He then showed me Shigeo Futagawa 1999 Lecture Notes, in the notes he showed the method of Chris Kenner's Elevator Card (of course saying that it was Chris Kenner's trick). When I read the explanation it seemed almost exactly like Fallen...
So I'm not jumping to conclusions right away, because don't know if Fallen mentioned Chris Kenner's name because i don't own Fallen. Now I just want to hear your comments on this. And I also want to hear from the owners of Fallen to hear what they have to say about this. And I would love Chris Kenner to comment on this thread and maybe clear things up.

The method is actually COMPLETELY different from Chris' effect.
And by the way... Fallen is awesome. Don't jump to conclusions ; )

Calvin Lauber

Oct 18, 2007
S.W. Elevator, Shigeo Futagawa's Elevator Card and Fallen are all the same effect with different methods.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Yeah, I'm not sure what your friend is talking about. He may be viewing things in a very narrow manner, confusing effect with method.

Sep 5, 2007
S.W. Elevator, Shigeo Futagawa's Elevator Card and Fallen are all the same effect with different methods.

No, they are not. They all follow the "outjogged card rises visibly to the top" plot, but that's about it.

Sep 1, 2007
The only difference is the S.W Elevator and Elevator can be done with the selected card face up

D

Deleted member 2755

Fallen is great. Your friend probably couldn't say many good things about it because of the semi disappointing method, however, it is ingenious. Garcia is a rather smart guy. :D

-Doug

Oct 18, 2007
I don't think the S.W. Elevator can be done face up, but what I love about Futagawa's is it's the easiest. The cover is just so perfect.

No, they are not. They all follow the "outjogged card rises visibly to the top" plot, but that's about it.

Um. What did I post that was different? (0_o)

Same effect = "plot"
Different method = Way of getting it done.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results