False Dealing Questions

Hey guys,

So this may be a little hard to explain my question, but ill try my best.
Ive been working on my bottom deal for a while now, and I feel i've become quite adept at it, and am hoping to soon progress to the centre or greek deal. My question is, is there a gip for bottom dealing that I could focus on to make it easier to learn the centre or greek deal?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense....
Thanks!

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
To the best of my knowledge, there isn't much you can do to make the center deal or the Greek deal noticeably easier. I think it's just a lot of trial and error. Having some experience in the bottom deal is useful but it definitely won't get you there alone. Make sure you learn the two deals correctly; a bad habit is extremely hard to get rid of when it comes to moves like these.

Sep 16, 2012
Israel
I recently purchased a great book by Daniel Madison, explaining all of those false deals.
I must say that his "Madison Grip" and methods are quite easy to understand,
but you should nevertheless practice and find what's best for you!

Hope I helped a little.

Feb 10, 2013
Could you please tell the name of that great book by DM. I am interested in learning some of these moves and sleights as well.

Sep 5, 2008
UK
I will suggest "Gene Maze - The Art of Bottom Dealing" worth a look definitely.
I got small hands so most classic grips feel uncomfortable. Gene`s grip very clever this way and gives lots of room to maneuver.

Apr 20, 2013
My opinion would be using the Erdnase Grip. Although it will be hard to transit toward Greek dealing using this grip.

I don't use Greek Dealing a lot, so I never did perfected it. I would suggest Madison Grip (as suggested by Zvik2246) but as said by Pav, it would be best if you try lots of grip and find the one suitable to yourself.

Cheers.
-LYE

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results