False Sybil Revolution Cut Help Request

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
after u transfer the package from your index to thumb, place your index finger on the right edge of the bottom package, that makes it easier to rotate the other package for the revolution.

Sep 1, 2007
legend has it that theres a search function available on some forums like dananddave.com and decknique.net

Aug 31, 2007
Maine, USA
Vinnie, im having a really hard time with the move, i can do a regular revolution but just not the false sybil rev or the squeeze cut revolution. Im on a mac, so i cant webcam through msn but i can through mebeam.com. Can you help me out?

Sep 1, 2007
*sigh* the day that n00bs find the search button, will be an empty day on the theory11 message boards:

http://www.dananddave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbuck
here's a few pointers you should look out for:

1. the index finger NEVER goes above the front short side. it stays on the right long side, in upper right corner the entire time.

2. your little finger stays on the back short side the entire time.

3. your ring finger NEVER goes over the right long side (of BOTH packets). it stays in relatively the same position the entire time, or until the second half of the rotation is made.

4. rather than the thumb dropping half the deck (as you would for a charlier) the thumb picks up half the deck. this way is much faster.

5. make sure your THUMB and INDEX finger are creating HALF the revolution. this is done by rotating your thumb down and to the right as far as it can go thus rotating the packet 90 degrees, HALF of the REVOLUTION. from here....

6. the ring finger should be in position to continue the rotation of the packet with the index finger. So, the RING FINGER DOES NOT move into position but rather the thumb brings the packet to it. That’s the biggest mistake I see people doing.

From there you just want to whip the packet around and under as fast as you can. Make sure you keep everything as tight/close as possible. This cut looks good because there is no real action to make it happen. It just looks like it happens by itself and that’s due to how compact the cut is. similar to The Erdnase Shift, and Rev. E on those terms.

I hope some of that helps. Maybe you can post a video of you doing it, that way we might be able to find your exact problem and proceed to fix it rather than you have to relearn the entire cut. I’m sure it’s some small finger adjustment so I want you to really watch yourself doing it and study the action you make. Take note of all your finger position before and after. Think to yourself how I could make this smooth.

danbuck

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for posting that, Trashman! Good tips from the creators themselves. :)

Vinnie, im having a really hard time with the move, i can do a regular revolution but just not the false sybil rev or the squeeze cut revolution. Im on a mac, so i cant webcam through msn but i can through mebeam.com. Can you help me out?

I would be happy to. I sent you a Private Message. :)

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results