False Wash Shuffle

Jan 11, 2015
Hi

Does anyone know where I can learn false wash shuffle techniques? I'm looking for a good technique that can be use in gambling. Thanks

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I don't think that is physically possible, but you might as well learn a nice deck switch you can do easily at a table.

For gambling routines, in the middle of the gambling routine, your best bet would probably be Shin Lim's Flash Deck Switch Or you could learn a tabled deck switch without any gimmicks.

This is for magic right?

Haschich

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2016
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Daniel Madison offers a technique in one of his books, called the double spread shuffle or something. It's a bold move, but with some adaptations on the handling it's a beast, you can make it look a big mess and retain every single card. The technique itself is easy, but its really hard getting used with the mechanic to the point that it looks natural.
You can search his website if this interests you, but I think he isn't selling his solo books any more, but you can buy the full pack if you really want it.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Daniel Madison offers a technique in one of his books, called the double spread shuffle or something. It's a bold move, but with some adaptations on the handling it's a beast, you can make it look a big mess and retain every single card. The technique itself is easy, but its really hard getting used with the mechanic to the point that it looks natural.
You can search his website if this interests you, but I think he isn't selling his solo books any more, but you can buy the full pack if you really want it.
Yeah, he's not selling solo books, but his "Legacy" is super cheap considering it has all of his books except for HTCAC...

$20 for that? Count me in. (especially since some of his books cost over 20 when they were stand alone).

Do you know which book it is located in?

Haschich

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2016
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Yeah, he's not selling solo books, but his "Legacy" is super cheap considering it has all of his books except for HTCAC...

$20 for that? Count me in. (especially since some of his books cost over 20 when they were stand alone).

Do you know which book it is located in?

It is in the book FIVE (lol I spend more time than I intended to find this shuffle again).
I'm sure that in your first sight this is not what you are searching for, but give yourself some (a lot) of time playing with the concept, it worths. I love the concept and hope you do so too, If you need some tips with it, feel free to message me.

Jan 11, 2015
I don't think that is physically possible, but you might as well learn a nice deck switch you can do easily at a table.

For gambling routines, in the middle of the gambling routine, your best bet would probably be Shin Lim's Flash Deck Switch Or you could learn a tabled deck switch without any gimmicks.

This is for magic right?

I guess it would be for gambling routine. I'm only trying to retain top one or four cards; deck switch is an overkill. Speaking of deck switch, do you know resources to learn them?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I guess it would be for gambling routine. I'm only trying to retain top one or four cards; deck switch is an overkill. Speaking of deck switch, do you know resources to learn them?
If it is only a few cards, why not just use an overhand shuffle, or even a riffle shuffle that keeps the top stock on top? Or, if you really absolutely need to give it a wash, cop or palm the cards off, and place them back on after the wash.

But for your deck switch:
The Art of Switching Decks by Roberto Giobii is a great book (and DVD I believe) on the subject(I don't own it, but have heard a lot about it).

I know Daniel Madison teaches 2 or 3 in his book (All of his books are compiled into his new one) "Devilry"

You might also want to look into a deck switching Gimmick, instead your standard deck switch. Here is a list of some of the one's I own/know about.
Switcheroo by Michael O'brien
Cold Case by Gregory Wilson/Fracture by Daniel Madison (Fracture is a DIY gimmick from Madison's book, Cold Case is a great gimmick with the same principal, but is pre-made, and super durable).
Flash Deck Switch 2.0 by Shin Lim (Takes A LOT of practice, and only usable in some scenarios).
Cooler by Christian Engbloom (Only usable in some scenarios)

Now, I don't know if these will necessarily work in a gambling routine scenario. Of these five, all of them except for Switcheroo utilize a "box" gimmick - that is, a gimmick that looks like (or is made from) a tuck case. Any tuck case (for any deck) can be applied to the gimmicks (except I don't think you can customize Cold Case very much, but you can with fracture. Gregory Wilson might go over how to customize it or make your own Fracture in the DVD, I'm not sure he does though). Switcheroo uses a gimmick not seen by anyone.

Of all of these, you might like Flash Deck Switch 2.0 the best, since it is tabled.Just to warn you though, it takes a lot of practice, and is not usable everywhere. In fact, I have had mine for well over a year I think, and I have never even used it in performance. At the same time, I don't do gambling routines, of too much tabled card work, and when I do I probably wouldn't use it, unless I had a bit of space.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
If it is only a few cards, why not just use an overhand shuffle, or even a riffle shuffle that keeps the top stock on top? Or, if you really absolutely need to give it a wash, cop or palm the cards off, and place them back on after the wash.

But for your deck switch:
The Art of Switching Decks by Roberto Giobii is a great book (and DVD I believe) on the subject(I don't own it, but have heard a lot about it).

I know Daniel Madison teaches 2 or 3 in his book (All of his books are compiled into his new one) "Devilry"

You might also want to look into a deck switching Gimmick, instead your standard deck switch. Here is a list of some of the one's I own/know about.
Switcheroo by Michael O'brien
Cold Case by Gregory Wilson/Fracture by Daniel Madison (Fracture is a DIY gimmick from Madison's book, Cold Case is a great gimmick with the same principal, but is pre-made, and super durable).
Flash Deck Switch 2.0 by Shin Lim (Takes A LOT of practice, and only usable in some scenarios).
Cooler by Christian Engbloom (Only usable in some scenarios)

Now, I don't know if these will necessarily work in a gambling routine scenario. Of these five, all of them except for Switcheroo utilize a "box" gimmick - that is, a gimmick that looks like (or is made from) a tuck case. Any tuck case (for any deck) can be applied to the gimmicks (except I don't think you can customize Cold Case very much, but you can with fracture. Gregory Wilson might go over how to customize it or make your own Fracture in the DVD, I'm not sure he does though). Switcheroo uses a gimmick not seen by anyone.

Of all of these, you might like Flash Deck Switch 2.0 the best, since it is tabled.Just to warn you though, it takes a lot of practice, and is not usable everywhere. In fact, I have had mine for well over a year I think, and I have never even used it in performance. At the same time, I don't do gambling routines, of too much tabled card work, and when I do I probably wouldn't use it, unless I had a bit of space.
Oh and 1 more thing, make sure you experiment with other non gimmicked deck switches too. Every gimmick is something to carry around.

Jul 28, 2015
Hi

Does anyone know where I can learn false wash shuffle techniques? I'm looking for a good technique that can be use in gambling. Thanks

What type of gambling routines are you considering, poker deals? False dealing? What's the false shuffle for??

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 11, 2015
What type of gambling routines are you considering, poker deals? False dealing? What's the false shuffle for??

Any kind really. It's just that washing the deck seem like the most professional way to present any gambling routines. Of course there are false riffle and overhand shuffle, but adding a false wash along with regular shuffle would make a routine prestine. And thank you Maaz for your informative reply

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results