Famous One Liners

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
So T11 community.. what do you guys say to people when you're performing? Whether it'd be a reply to their reaction or whatever.

I always say, "Ok show the card around just in case you lie to me"
Or if they cover their mouth because they don't wanna cuss, I'll say "don't worry, I'll beep it out"
Or when they say "how did you do that?" I'd reply "it was a camera trick"

What do you guys say?

-D'ryn

Nov 5, 2007
well a funny one i noe is after they sign a card you take the permanent marker and stare at it intensly then snap your fingers as you would to make it vanish but its still there and if they give you a funny look just be like its a PERMANENT marker

when i perform i always have people around me just because in my school and at work i have a reputation as the magic guy. so when i perform tricks like 3 fly or stigmata or even the anti gravity coin. people always ask me how do i do that and where did you learn it. my answers to those questions are that i do them by summoning the skeletons in dai vernons closet, (they normaly have no clue who dai is) and i learn them from jesus himself

"how do you do that?"

-"Practice."
-"luck"
- that man told me to- point at self, or some random unsuspecting kid.

"Where'd did you learn all of this?"

-"Dumbledore." (i may have spelled that wrong- I'm not a big Potter reader)(sorry)

Sep 4, 2007
If im not feeling up to doing a trick for a friend I just take 2 half dollars, place one in his hand one in mine. Count to three and say they switched places. Then I make em go back to where they were. i'm just so amazing!:D

I really like using
when dropping something by accident I say, sorry thats part of the floor show (not really that funny)
or in response to how did you do that, I say I spent a semester studying abroad at hogwarts.

Sep 2, 2007
San Diego, CA
Here's Mine.

"How Did you do that?":
1. Y'know.... I could Tell.. But, there is a problem with that. I'm still trying to figure that out!
2.I used your mind;).
3.Me:You know that thing you use to hold stuff together?
Them:Tape/Glue?
Me:No. Magic....
"I know how you did that!"
1. Good for you! Teach me. I want to know!
2. Really? Want a cookie? *Pull out plastic cookie*:p .
3. Cool. Now, let's see you do it. (This is a lot of fun,especially if they say something crazy.)
4. Okay............
"Where's the card?"
For a Girl:
1. Do you really want me to Verify that? Cause I don't know:).
2. If you knew, you would realize magic is real, reality is the illusion;).
For a Guy: (You need panic for this.) Have it with the gimmick. Make it appear with the kings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
This is a collection of one-liners and general gags I use.

"How did you do that?"
"You know, I was asking myself the same thing?"

(2 in the hand sponge ball routine)
"I want you to hold on to that one as tight as you can to make a point. I want to illustrate to you that it doesn't matter how tightly you clamp down on that ball, I still end up with both of-" (open hand to show it empty) "... them... Open your hand... You took that right out of my hand, that was fast. I don't trust you anymore, I'm hiding my wallet."

"I know how you did that."
"And I know how much money your friends put in the hat. We're both psychic."

(escaping from a heckler, hand him an empty box of bar soap)
"Here. Soap box. I figured you want this more than I do."

"Can you make (person) dissappear?"
"I don't need another missing persons report on my rap sheet."

(Biddle trick)
"This is just like William Tell, only not. I've tried this with a real crossbow and arrows before, but I'm running out of places to hide the bodies, so we're doing it with cards to be safe."

(Biddle trick)
"Stand right there. No, further toward the kill zone."

(Mindreading)
"... I'm not saying that out loud, that's filthy! Think of something else."

(Mindreading)
"Let's see... You're thinking, 'I couldn't read a mind if it was written on a cereal box. I am a complete fraud and they're all on to me-'... Wait, I was reading my own mind. That's can't be hard, right?"

"This is what separates the real magicians... from schmucks like me."

"This is your liberal arts education hard at work."

(Using D'Lites to pull light out of my nipples)
"Sexy, no?"

"... And now your card has traveled to my boxers! Go ahead, touch it. Make sure its real."
^ Inside joke.

Yay! Im on the inside for once!

Here one I heard from Gazzo, I think. This only if your trying to kill time or something like that.

(Point to someone with no socks) "Hey, nice socks you got there, are they the same colour as your undearwear/boxers/whatever"

Cheers, Tom

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
When someone asks me "how did I do that?" I say "can you keep a secret?......... So can I!

Or whenever I mess up at tricksinvolving cards, I say... "Not only will your card rise to the top of the deck, But it changed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results