Famous Quotes

Jul 29, 2008
Hey guys!
I was thinking about some quotes for a moment and I wondered, what are some great quotes from famous magicians or just inspirational quotes that you guys know and you guys like!
One inspirational quote that I am quite fond of is, "Moving from failure to failure, without loss of determination is what leads to sucess" I'm not sure where this was from, but I always remember it.
So post some that you like!
Peace

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Not necessarily my favourite but you reminded me of it:

"Always get a break, I don't care what the Buck twins tell ya, always get a break. If they tell ya otherwise, slap 'em and tell them Aaron told you to." - Aaron Fisher (at a lecture in the UK)

- Sean

Nov 18, 2008
CA
"Confusion isn't magic" - Dai Vernon

and

"Palming separates the men from the boys!" - Ed Marlo

;)

Alright, a small list gathered over time.

"I dream, for reality and illusion are a duality, two parts of a whole. Only the mirror of dreams reflects what is true." - ?

"Man's mind is so formed that it is far more susceptible to falsehood than to truth." - Desiderius Erasmus

"He who has made it a practice to lie and deceive his father, will be the most daring in deceiving others." - Horace

"It is twice the pleasure to deceive the deceiver." - Jean de La Fontaine

"Unlike grown ups, children have little need to deceive themselves." - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering the weaknesses of others." - William Hazlitt

"When a person cannot deceive himself the chances are against his being able to deceive other people." - Mark Twain

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." - Hitoadesa

"The world aint what it seems is it? Keep that in mind. The minute you think you got it figured... You're wrong." - ?

"You don't get it. There is no head to cut off. It's a conglomerate. If one of them betrays the principles of the accrual of money and power, the others betray him. What it is is human weakness. You can't kill that with a gun." - ?

"None Are More Hopelessly Enslaved Than Those Who Falsely Believe They Are Free." - Goethe

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee

"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” - Bruce Lee

“I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.” - Bruce Lee

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

"Like every one else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to except the way to loose. To except defeat. To learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomarrow comes, you must free your ambitious mind, and learn the art of dieing." - Bruce Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
"my best friend once told me, give me your wallet or I'll blow your head off. that was the first and last time we hung out, but it was awesome"

"my father once told me, be strong. Strength will help you break things"

"I played twins in double impact" - jean claude van damme

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." Albert Einstien
Is great for thinking about anything tricks and so on thats one i can remember of the top of my head

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Not really applying to anything but I really like this one

."If I Had More Time I Would Write a Shorter Letter"
-Mark Twain

kinda made me think how it relates to magic.
cut the bs and think about what you are doing.

another one I just found funny

"what??? I didnt do anything yet."
- Dan Buck after 60 HKers went "WOOOOOOO" after a charlie miller cascade control

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results