Fan Production

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Where can I learn how to do a multiple fan/card production by hiding it behind my hand or something. Like producing a fan, then dropping it, then producing another, then dropping it, then again, etc,etc. I've been wanting to learn this for awhile and it looks pretty simple, but I never bought a dvd that taught it.

Sep 1, 2007
yeah... thats going to be a really awesome tutorial.

dude just buy the jeff mcbride series, you can NOT start out producing fans, in fact that's one of the most difficult feats. first you have to learn just simple backpalming of a single card, then work your way up to singly producing cards, THEN you can fan.

after that you need to learn Ed Marlo's split fan production technique, it is SO much better than the traditional one, but that's light years away from where you're at right now so I don't even know why I'm saying this.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
jeff mcbride series, man its not easy :S its really difficult to get it really smooth.. so practice! buy the series and practice a lot.. be patient

Sep 1, 2007
WOW that tutorial was really really incorrect. i would say "bad" but then you'd think i was flaming you personally and start getting defensive. i'm sure you're a cool dude and just trying to help out but those fan productions were awful.

to DannyT and zeeanator:

you are VERY mistaken, if you think you're going to get an expert teaching on it by posting in a random theory 11 thread "how do I do this". for the 20th time just get the jeff mcbride DVDs already, its not something you're going to pick up in an afternoon.

most magic tricks involve a secret, if you know that , you can do the tricks. UNLIKE McBride-style production manipulations which require months and months of dedicated practice and building up flexibility and finger strength to attain proficiency.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
I believe that Girl in phenomenon(Angela funovitz or what eveR) does it in one of her youtube video as well, eventhough it looked smooth but it is actually a poor version of the real deal from Jeff Mcbride, he really did master that one.

PS: Stop posting crap tutorials when u cant properly do the move yourself.

Sep 1, 2007
the REAL deal is Marlo's method of fan productions. If you don't know it I definitely suggest you learn it, I can tell you some great places to learn it if you're interested.

in this method you continue to produce fans of the same number of cards (like say 5 at a time), and dropping them all, rather than your first fan being like 20 cards, the next fan 15 cards, the next one only 10 cards and so on (in mcbrides method)

WOW that tutorial was really really incorrect. i would say "bad" but then you'd think i was flaming you personally and start getting defensive. i'm sure you're a cool dude and just trying to help out but those fan productions were awful.

to DannyT and zeeanator:

you are VERY mistaken, if you think you're going to get an expert teaching on it by posting in a random theory 11 thread "how do I do this". for the 20th time just get the jeff mcbride DVDs already, its not something you're going to pick up in an afternoon.

most magic tricks involve a secret, if you know that , you can do the tricks. UNLIKE McBride-style production manipulations which require months and months of dedicated practice and building up flexibility and finger strength to attain proficiency.

Dude i have the mcbride series.....thats how their done...i have a 4 minute routine with that stuff...i think id know if i was wrong

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Hey guys,
I wanted to say thanks for mentioning where I can learn it.

Trashmanf, I wasn't looking for a tutorial on how to learn it.
I want to say thanks to thanks to MindTrapMagic though for sparing his time making a video to try to teach it for me.
Thanks for trying to help me out, but I'm going to purchase the DVD anyway because it's always better to learn from the primary source.

Sep 1, 2007
mindtrap, until you post a video of you doing them at speed, from an audience angle, myself, and everyone else that knows anything about card manipulation will think you're full of junk on this one. Your "method" would have flashed hugely and been completely obvious what you're doing. you need to KEEP THE FAN in place rather than collapse it completely when backpalming the rest of your stock. also what the hell kind of cards were you using, they looked like plasticy manipulation cards, which suck. sorry dude but that was hands-down the WORST fan production I have EVER seen on video, and I've seen a lot of bad ones.

just because you own the dvds does not mean you can do them correctly. if that was true I'd be as good as the buck twins because I own the trilogy. and trust me you do NOT wanna see me post a tutorial of twinsplit remix because it would look almost as bad as your fan productions. :)

"and don't get mad... i'm only bein real" - tupac shakur

mindtrap, until you post a video of you doing them at speed, from an audience angle, myself, and everyone else that knows anything about card manipulation will think you're full of junk on this one. Your "method" would have flashed hugely and been completely obvious what you're doing. you need to KEEP THE FAN in place rather than collapse it completely when backpalming the rest of your stock. also what the hell kind of cards were you using, they looked like plasticy manipulation cards, which suck. sorry dude but that was hands-down the WORST fan production I have EVER seen on video, and I've seen a lot of bad ones.

just because you own the dvds does not mean you can do them correctly. if that was true I'd be as good as the buck twins because I own the trilogy. and trust me you do NOT wanna see me post a tutorial of twinsplit remix because it would look almost as bad as your fan productions. :)

"and don't get mad... i'm only bein real" - tupac shakur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNlISZt0aQ

And how are those flashing and terrible? Id love to know. I can assure you that im not full of it when i say i am good at these types of things. Indicating why i have a routine and open my show with it....:| Since you mr. big shot apparently, lets see yours:rolleyes:

Sep 1, 2007
okay, i will admit that was pretty good. slow but not bad. you need to keep your fan out there instead of collapsing all the fan into one stack of cards! this will hide the action and be alot more convincing.

anyways I promise if you stick around on the sites you will see my fan productions. one of my favorite moves. also go to : cardmanipulator.com and search the "flashcards" archives for marlo's split fan method, it makes regular fan productions look like slime.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results