Fanning Powder

Sep 9, 2007
Does anyone use fanning powder? I have heard it makes XCM easier, but I was wondering how it effects sleights and other card effects.

I hate fanning powder. It makes the deck feel bad. It makes the cards smell like P*ss and it's better to break in the deck than use f'ing powder.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I too hate fanning powder. I recently bought some and wanted to see if I could revitalize the same deck of Guardians that I've been using for the past month (and it was just now starting to slightly clump up...impressive, eh?) and as soon as I added powder to them...

- The deck started clumping horribly
- The deck felt bad in my hands
- Not to mention that the powder itself made me itch like crazy

It's all up to you though. I've heard of some people that swear by the stuff.

Shane K.

Oct 18, 2007
Germany
Love it...

use fanning powder for real old clumpy decks it makes the fanning really good...

On new decks its also ok but i think not nesserary it makes a decks feeling complete different u'll see

For XCM perfect..

For Magic its ok when u handle the deck one day the cards are so mixed up thats it works perfekt but NOT for everey slight of hand there are some slights where u need a (im german sorry) fluid deck ?!?! ( like nwe cards do ) ...

BUY ONE !! u wont be unhappy doesnt cost much trie it on new cards old cards and ull see ... i like it .. best for old cards ...

Oct 18, 2007
Germany
- The deck started clumping horribly
- The deck felt bad in my hands
- Not to mention that the powder itself made me itch like crazy

1 its only a few minutes .... when cards are mixed up well and uses they wont clump anymore ... maybe "sticky "a lil bit that makes it fanning powder ...

2 its ur opinion

3 u have some illness or something not everyone has that ..but its not good when u get it in eyes or to mouth ..

Sep 1, 2007
I once saw this block of wax in Japan that they use it as an alternative to the fanning powder. Its really smooth and fan very very well. Similarly to spreading butter onto a piece of bread, you will have to rub this block of wax on very single card. Will take some time to apply but definitely worth the effort. I'm not sure if its available in the States, but if anybody can bring it in from Japan it will be great.

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
The FlourishMan himself suggests the use of fanning powder with bicycle cards...

you just have to use it right...

i used it on my 1st edition guardians which didnt fan well and now the got almost perfect!!!

i recommend it...... just spring your cards in a paper bag, pour a very small amount of powder and shake, that should do the job....

i have used it with an old deck though and i didnt have good results!

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm Sweden
In the begining a bought Fanning powder and added it to my cards. New or Old did not mather. But now when i feel that my card control has become greatly better i do notuse it at all. I like the decks better when they are just the way they are in the beginning. Fanning powder does not make the cards better imo, it makes them worse.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results