Favorite Sandwich Effect

Nov 26, 2008
Well I don't know what's the undisputed best up close effect is.

My favourite is Deja Vu.

Nov 10, 2007
I like just a regular sandwich effect but using the DMB spread control to get the card in the middle of the aces.
Also cameo phase 1 is cool.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
There is no best sandwich effect. You have to understand that there's no such thing as a best of. Looking for a best of, a quick and easy fix, will not get you the best routine you can find.

I have to say first of all, I just simply don't like people coming out and wanting "the best" all the time - because guess what - these shortcuts don't get you the best.

In all honestly, looking for the shortcut by asking for "best of" effects isn't gonna do you any favours, and 95% of the time will not get you the most hard-hitting effects you can perform. That's right, asking for good tricks will actually, the majority of the time, get you tricks that, when performed by you, will be second rate and extremely common. So you'll be performing the same old stuff and probably not as well as you could be.

Rather than ask "Where can I find the best effect", ask "Where can I find effects", go out, look through everything, and find what works for you. It normally turns out that no one effect is the best - but rather, that you will create the strongest effect that you can have through a mixture of everything you've researched - even the ones that may not be the first named because they haven't been released on a DVD in the past 5 years. You want average material, ask for "the best" sandwich effects. And if you're satisfied with decent, go ahead. You want the best sandwich effects, if you actually want the best triumphs, which has the highest possible impact? You'll have to work harder than that.

There are so many sandwich effects, it is impossible to list them.

Daniel Madison has several - Catch, Cameo, Half Vanish are the ones that come to mind.
Aaron Fisher has one called A Simple Sandwich.
Jack Parker has something of an interesting sandwich which is off the beaten path called Cross-Eyed Surprise.
Tyler Wilson has one called Dirty Stinkin' Ape in the Middle.

The most important thing is this: Once you learn as many as you can, and learn when to use what, then you'll have the strongest sandwich you can possibly get. That's what you have to do if you want the best.

Nov 10, 2007
There is no best sandwich effect. You have to understand that there's no such thing as a best of. Looking for a best of, a quick and easy fix, will not get you the best routine you can find.

I have to say first of all, I just simply don't like people coming out and wanting "the best" all the time - because guess what - these shortcuts don't get you the best.

In all honestly, looking for the shortcut by asking for "best of" effects isn't gonna do you any favours, and 95% of the time will not get you the most hard-hitting effects you can perform. That's right, asking for good tricks will actually, the majority of the time, get you tricks that, when performed by you, will be second rate and extremely common. So you'll be performing the same old stuff and probably not as well as you could be.

Rather than ask "Where can I find the best effect", ask "Where can I find effects", go out, look through everything, and find what works for you. It normally turns out that no one effect is the best - but rather, that you will create the strongest effect that you can have through a mixture of everything you've researched - even the ones that may not be the first named because they haven't been released on a DVD in the past 5 years. You want average material, ask for "the best" sandwich effects. And if you're satisfied with decent, go ahead. You want the best sandwich effects, if you actually want the best triumphs, which has the highest possible impact? You'll have to work harder than that.

There are so many sandwich effects, it is impossible to list them.

Daniel Madison has several - Catch, Cameo, Half Vanish are the ones that come to mind.
Aaron Fisher has one called A Simple Sandwich.
Jack Parker has something of an interesting sandwich which is off the beaten path called Cross-Eyed Surprise.
Tyler Wilson has one called Dirty Stinkin' Ape in the Middle.

The most important thing is this: Once you learn as many as you can, and learn when to use what, then you'll have the strongest sandwich you can possibly get. That's what you have to do if you want the best.

I have got to ask you this question:
How do you come up with the most brillant essays?
Another great point from praetoritevong.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I have got to ask you this question:
How do you come up with the most brillant essays?
Another great point from praetoritevong.
I can answer that. It's from answering the same question time after time in a different manner for each. He's accumluated so many good points and notes that he can just pick and choose to answer another of the same question.

Soon... He will have enough to answer any question in the world.

- Sean

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
LOL Sean.

Baha. The secret is out!

Yeah pretty much though, answering the same thing many times. Except each time something a little different comes to me - the last two lines in this post were new. Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it ^^

Over my time in card magic, the "sandwich effect" has become my favorite plot to play with.

From a magicians standpoint, White or Wheat by DG is just about the best, all sleight, method out there. Its bold, its brash, but its insane.

As others have mentioned, taking parts of other routines and making your own is the best thing I have found. Whenever I do sandwich its a combo of about 5 or 6 routines, but thats why I like the effect. Its a plot, like an ACR, that you can totally twist around to different levels and ways to fit you perfectly.

C

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results