Favorite Spectators

Dec 18, 2009
So...Who's your favorite spectator? (family? Random people on the street?) And what's your favorite "type" of spectator? Personally I enjoy performing for everyone but I love doing it for family. As far as type goes, I love an audience that watch the magic and enjoy it instead of not paying attention and trying to figure out the method. In no way is this meant to be an argument, although, knowing some of the people on here, it may very well turn into one. Im just looking for some opinions.

Sep 1, 2007
As far as type goes, I love an audience that watch the magic and enjoy it instead of not paying attention and trying to figure out the method.

Isn't that the responsibility of the performer? To keep people engaged and paying attention?

In no way is this meant to be an argument, although, knowing some of the people on here, it may very well turn into one.

Yo.

Although if I had to answer your question, I do have to say that when I was still busking I liked performing for the young black guys. Black culture seems to encourage high energy and being open about your excitement. So when these guys liked what I did, they really got into it. They were always very cooperative, they loved to volunteer, they were quick to laugh, and they always tried to flag down passersby to join in the fun.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Although if I had to answer your question, I do have to say that when I was still busking I liked performing for the young black guys. Black culture seems to encourage high energy and being open about your excitement. So when these guys liked what I did, they really got into it. They were always very cooperative, they loved to volunteer, they were quick to laugh, and they always tried to flag down passersby to join in the fun.

Exactly. I love performing for the young black guys. Freaking coolest spectators ever. I wish some of the rest of my spectators would take notes.

L

Jul 14, 2008
Hey amodernmagician, first of all, I love the quote that you have in your signature. To answer your question, I perform for my family as my test subjects, so that they can locate the errors that I made and helped me to improve before trying on real life. Pretty much that I like to enjoy for everyone. My favourite audience to perform are black people (I am not trying to be racist, by the way), because their reactions are quite hilarious and they are easily entertained even the simpliest tricks.

Dec 18, 2009
Hey amodernmagician, first of all, I love the quote that you have in your signature.

Hehe thank you. I love Erdnase. And yes as all of you said the black guys are great spectators. They're always like "yoooo how'd you do dat!?" (no racism intended)

Sep 1, 2007
You can stop putting disclaimers on your posts. Anyone who would think you're being racist by saying this is obviously too stupid to get through breakfast without injuring themselves if left unattended.

Racism comes from a position of hatred. Does any of this come across as hateful? No? Then why are you so quick to try and defend yourselves? Relax!

Dec 18, 2009
Jeez man I put it on one post...If my consideration for other people annoys you I'll gladly remove my unnecessary "disclaimer".

Sep 1, 2007
Jeez man I put it on one post...If my consideration for other people annoys you I'll gladly remove my unnecessary "disclaimer".

Because it's always about you, right? I was speaking in general. Besides, whenever the topic of performing for black people comes up, everyone is scrambling to avoid being called racist even though no one who matters will accuse you of that. No, you're not being considerate, and nor is anyone else using a parenthetical disclaimer. You're just scared ****less of being called racist. Grow a pair and quit your crying. I wasn't even annoyed or angry until you started acting so bloody indignant and holier-than-thou.

Jesus, now I'm sorry I even brought up black people in the first place. I wonder if it's possible to be a racist because I hate my own race...

Jun 1, 2009
Black people are fun to perform for, but so is anyone else who is just enjoying the magic.
I was at a Thespian Conference this weekend (basically a mass gathering of theatre people) and they all LOVED magic. My friends would video me just going up randomly to people and doing magic for them, and the reactions were fantastic. Its because theatre people love anything performance-wise (duh) and magic goes hand in hand with that.
So, I like black people and theatre kids, basically.

Your boy,
Fez

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Black people are fun to perform for, but so is anyone else who is just enjoying the magic.
I was at a Thespian Conference this weekend (basically a mass gathering of theatre people) and they all LOVED magic. My friends would video me just going up randomly to people and doing magic for them, and the reactions were fantastic. Its because theatre people love anything performance-wise (duh) and magic goes hand in hand with that.
So, I like black people and theatre kids, basically.

Your boy,
Fez
That sounds totally fun! I'll have to try something like that in the future.

PS: for some reason I thought you said Lesbian for a second. I was like "what!":D

Jun 1, 2009
That sounds totally fun! I'll have to try something like that in the future.

PS: for some reason I thought you said Lesbian for a second. I was like "what!":D

Oh it was the greatest time of my life.

Haha yeah that happens a lot. :p

Your boy,
Fez

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results