Filming Spectators

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
Is it needed to ask the question, "Do you mind being on the internet?", when performing and filiming the spectator? If needed, any suggestions of what I should say?

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Just to be on the safe side, I would definitely say "I'm recording this, going to put it on the internet, blah blah blah" so that they know they're being recorded, and if they don't want to be filmed, then they can say No.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Yeah, give them a heads up before their watching youtube and all of a sudden they see themselves freaking out over a trick that was just done by you.

They may be kind of embarrassed, but the chances of them finding themselves on a youtube video are very slim.

Aug 31, 2007
Cleveland, OH
My best friend does the weekend magic show at a major amusement park here in Ohio. A street magic pre-show video is shown as the audience is being seated. I was the camera man for that video for the past several years and we always had the spectators sign a waiver stating that they knew they were being filmed and that the film would be shown pubicly. In today's litigation happy society is is always best to cover your ass.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results