Filter By Rick Lax Review

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
Effect: An ordinary drinking glass and three coins are presented, two are placed in the glass, and in three phases, the coin is impossibly thrown, smacked, and tossed through the glass in three different ways.

ADVERTISED AS: Completely impromptu, you can be handed coins and a drinking glass and perform this.
Can you?
Answer: Yes. Rick teaches you how to perform this with almost every type of glass.

The video quality is pristine as are most videos produced by Theory 11.
The sound quality is good except for when Rick rattles the coins in the glass and it gets somewhat messy, but you can still understand what he is saying. 9/10

The DVD is very well put together, Rick is an excellent teacher. My only complaint is that he doesn't teach any patter for the routines. (Which would be good for those who have trouble making there own) 9/10

Applications/Practicability.
Perform this either on stage or with five to eight people in front of you. You can not perform this surrounded but it is great for restaurant work and dinners out with the date. Like I said Rick teaches you how to perform with multiple cups/glasses. You can even perform this with a coffee cup. (I love perform at cafes) 9/10

Overall Pack Rating 9/10
A must buy for serious performers. Like the Advertisements say, Filter is designed to chip away at the ideas and expectations your spectator will have about how you are doing this trick and leave them stunned.

Estimated time before being able to perform this. It will take about one week to get the moves down with another half of a week added to create a smooth patter. You could also opt out of saying anything at all and attempt this trick. (I haven't yet)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results