Fine Art of Magic

May 27, 2017
Ever since I saw Jason England's "What to read" video, I've been looking for "The Fine Art of Magic". The problem is that the book is old and out of print, so it's crazy expensive (in the range of £300 - £400) and I can't justify spending that much money on a book.

Is there anywhere I can find some of the information contained in it in other books or downloads? Not everything, but the few people I've spoken to who have read it rave about it, and I'd like to learn at least some of the stuff in it.

Thanks in advance,

Valko

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
So, you're looking for an illegitimate source?

This book isn't in the public domain. If you want to learn what's in it, buy it. Search around on auction sites and such and you might find a cheaper copy. Amazon has one for $200.

May 27, 2017
I'm not looking for an illegitemate source. Erdnase teaches a second deal, but Expert Card Technique also teaches a second deal. Due to the fact that I know very little about the contents of the book (other than what I can garner from Dennis Behr's website) I would just like recommendations for other books that contain similar information.

May 27, 2017
Also, can you recommend any auction sites other than ebay that are good for magic books?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The Kaplan book runs around $200. I did see one on e-Bay go for around $95 a while ago (my max bid was $85).

My sense is that a lot of the Kaplan book is in other books that you can get inexpensively - Art of Magic, Our Magic, Modern Magic, More Magic, Latest Magic but my recommendation is to get Hilliard's Greater Magic - it has everything (as you can tell from looking at Behr Archive).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results