Fingers Locking

Sep 15, 2009
Hey everyone. So I have a little problem here and hopefully some of you can help me out.

I've been doing card magic for around 7 years now and flourishing for around 3. It seems that when I do a card flourish or trick that requires for a quick action (flirt, pirouette, flick, portal, etc.) I get really hesitant on the quick action. I get so hesitant that my fingers seem as if they lock up and unable to perform the flourish/trick. The more I practice and force my fingers to do what I want them to do, it doesn't get any better.

I'm just looking for somebody that has/had the same issue or any tips to get over this.

It really effects my performances.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Practice the move slowly get the motions down first let the muscles repeat the motion themselves you will refine quickly gradually start getting faster.

And of course practice:D

Tom

Sep 15, 2009
Yea. I've been doing this for 7 years and have had the problem for the past 3 years or so. Some of the moves I have problems with. Something like "Shapesifter" I can perform fine. I have slown down like Mini said with Flirt and was actually able to do the move for the first time since I purchased the DVD. Starting off slow and go faster. The moves just make me real hesitant when it requires a real quick action.

Thanks for all the help and support.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results