Fios Transpo

Jul 18, 2010
Hey guys. Its Connor here with a transpo I've been working on for a little while called Fios(inspired by DVR and Tivo). I was kinda sloppy with the lifts in the middle but whatever. I'm not going to make excuses. I know they aren't great but don't point it out. I know. However, please give me HARSH criticism on the overall effect. I want to make it better. If you have nothing constructive to say...go ahead and give me fluffy self esteem boosters. I invite the harder to impress magicians to take a crack at it because I want to improve it. Not the sleights involved. The effect. So here you go. May all hell break loose

Without further adieu I give you Fios

Jul 13, 2008
I guess the trick was alright, but your voice is so monotone, it almost put me to sleep. Show some enthusiasm in your voice!

Jul 18, 2010
Haha. Well put. In my defense: It was like midnight. I will be more enthusiastic next time! Thanks for the comment. :D

May 19, 2010
The only things that really caught my eye were 1)There really is no reason for the jokers. What do they accomplish? Hold one card for a split second, they don't really serve any purpose. and 2) What's the purpose of the 5 of diamonds. It really just makes the effect more confusing adding a third card. Overall, I thought you did a good job.

Jul 18, 2010
The only things that really caught my eye were 1)There really is no reason for the jokers. What do they accomplish? Hold one card for a split second, they don't really serve any purpose. and 2) What's the purpose of the 5 of diamonds. It really just makes the effect more confusing adding a third card. Overall, I thought you did a good job.
Thanks for the feedback man. I guess I could accomplish the same thing by just putting the card on the table. Perhaps I will. Thanks for the idea! Thats why I posted this. The five is just to show that there are no extra cards. Makes the change more impossible. I think so at least. If it was confusing im sorry.

The feedback helps a lot guys. Thanks

Connor

Jun 10, 2010
Don't use the Jokers.

Consider putting the card in the box, or placed under the box, but still sticking out so people can clearly see it under the box the whole time. It adds more to this "impossibility factor" you try and give when you're flipping the five of diamonds over as a convincer. Incidentally, I can't really tell why you needed to do that. May just be me, but a layman wouldn't see the point of that as it doesn't really do anything with the trick.

Other then that, it's pretty good.

Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for the feedback sabor. Ill try that box idea. Ill just leave the 5 of D turned over. Like keep it face down and not bother.

As everyone has said the jokers and five were useless and just added another hinderence to the effect. Your voice was killing me, needs more to it, but like you said midnight whatever. Even before I watched the video I knew I wasn't going to like it. You said that you knew the lifts were bad and you didn't really care. Which has me wondering if you don't even care about your presentation why are you even asking for critasism. Take the time to do it properly, have everything fillmed perfect before you post it.

Jul 18, 2010
I already stated that I wanted feedback on the basic Idea. The point of this wasn't to have a DvD quality shot. It was to get some feedback on an idea. Im sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results