First draft (hand drawn)

Sep 2, 2007
London
Hallo, a few days ago on decknique i said i would have a bash at desgining a deck. Whether or not anyone will like them i don't know but hey it is fun.
THis is what i got for the back design so far.
(colours inverted)

xxxxxxxklmnwh6.jpg

They look interesting, just a few questions,
What's the theme of the deck?
Ideas for Pips?
Court Cards?

You should also try using some computer software to get a more definite design not just a drawing.

Good luck and Happy Holidays,
Michael

Nov 5, 2007
Denmark
I think that design looks very interesting..
Am I wrong if I seem to spot a similarity with the Ibanez Jem guitar series or with the whole Vai universe?
(check out Vai.com and have a look at his guitars, to see if I'm the only one who thonks so.)

Sep 2, 2007
London
LOl i see what you mean and the Ibanez. NO that was not my intention but i do play guitar...weird...

I havnet startedon the faces yet but i will once i have decided on a final back.

Cheers for commments.

-Jon

Nov 6, 2007
I have some sugestions. That is an intresting design. I do agree with AceofSpades on the software idea. The only thing that I can suggest is that you make the design one single color. I would suggest you use white for the design. It would look much more balance and nicer to look at. The design itself is good. I think that you should make sure the brown is has definate darkness to it. Not to dark. I just think a firm brown would look good. All in all this is you card and it's really you choice. So if you agree do it. If you don't, go ahead and find your own way.

-Double Decker

Sep 2, 2007
the cards are to messy, to me, it looks like you drew part of a tree

Not trying to be hating but I'm sorry the backs are just to busy

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results