First Gig how it went!

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone tonight I had my first gig. It was a walk around type of setting in a new hair salon that had just opened and the owners had an opening house. the people there ranged from 25 to about 45 years old and my main focus was my card tricks.

Bad news first:
Well everything went very smoothly except for when I performed a shapeshifter (which I never mess up) happened to stop half way. I guess I was just too nervous but anyways... The lady was kind of confused and I simply said that that means it wasn't her card and I controlled her card to the bottom for a nice reveal so it worked out.

I performed for almost everyone there. (so about 45 different times.) the good news was I could tell which people wanted actually watch my magic and who were just nice and wanted to watch one trick. I had people yelling which attracted more people to watch and I know it's not much but I got 3$ in tips, but I did get an offer to do a birthday party, and other people asked for my information. I got lots of people telling me they thought I was very smooth and skillful.

Funny story:
The first person I performed for was a funny one... I had her pick a card I lost it and flipped over the top card to say it was hers ( I knew it wasn't) I was preparing for a color change reveal and when i asked if it was hers she said YES! (she felt bad) So i simply said that's awesome but I was getting the urge it was this one... I changed it and she just freaked out. She laughed and told me she lied. HAHA.

Tricks:
I performed several tricks such as, the biddle card trick, ACR, a couple color change reveals, pentasm (AWESOME), trick sharpie reveal, and a couple different sandwich routines.

Overall:
All in all I think it was a GREAT first gig experience. I can't wait for another one.

Great job man, I had my first gig not too long ago, and when you get done with it all its such a rush and a great feeling...you just want to tell the entire world....Keep it up, and good luck on you next gig.

Sep 20, 2009
Cheers mate

congratulations, good to hear everything went smooth. nothing better then hearing good performence stories.

especially if you made the spectators have an experience they will remember

Great for you!

Just remember not to get in over your head here. For example, decline that birthday party if you do not have a birthday routine, or don't have enough time to buy the materials and create a routine. So just be wise when making choices.

Other than that, I really liked how you covered your ass on the shapeshifter, I've had to do that myself before. Don't you hate when you get the nervous jitters and color changes go awry?

But keep doing what your doing... good luck.

Dylan P.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results