First open mic night performance

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
What's up T11? In about an hour and a half I'll be performing for the first time ever at an open mic night. I'll be doing a segment that I titled "Poetic Sleight of Hand" where I will say Dave Feinberg's "The Square Root of Three" which is the poem that Kumar said at the end of Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay while shuffling and dealing out cards that correspond to the poem. I'll also be performing Curtis Kam's KAMnibal Kards routine afterwards as I don't really have alot of time. I don't know if I'm nervous or excited or even both, but I'm definitely feeling the shakes now! Anyway, wish me luck!

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Well...it didn't go quite as I had planned. Forgot the lines of the poem after the third line (LOL!) and said to hell with it. I had the poem with me so I just started looking back and forth to it and it somehow turned into a comedic magic routine which played out really well. KAMnibal Kings went fine until the end but I was able to improvise the ending that went wrong into an even better ending. I also improvised alot of jokes into the routine as well and it all was good. For my last trick I produced a shot of Jack Daniels and gave everyone a toast. All in all, not too bad for the first time at an open mic night (especially when you know most of the people in the audience) but it most certainly wasn't the greatest. At least I know what to expect for my second performance next week at a talent showcase featuring talent scouts from Disneyworld, Universal Studios, and SeaWorld.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results