First Paid Performance! (Sort Of)

Ill start the story, like any other story (except for those weird ones) from the beginning.

About a month I had to sit on some kids ( I know! People pay me to sit on babies :p ) On my way to there house I stopped at my local fish and chip shop to get some dinner, and while I was waiting I was doing some basic XCM moves and stuff. Eventually one of the guys behind the counter asked if I played poker or card games.

And as you can guess the conversation steered to-wards magic. And in the end I was performing for all the guys who work at this fish and chip shop. They loved it and now every time I go past they shout "Hey its the magician" and they ask me if Ive learn any more magic.

Well tonight I had to go up near the shop and drop off a video and the guys saw me and called me over. So I showed them some new stuff Ive been working on and I closed with J.S' In A Flash. They loved it and then one of the guy says (here comes the pay part) "Do you want some chips?" :O Of course, I wasn't going to pass up free chips. So they did me some chips and as a bonus got some free sauce as well :p

It made my night. That was the first time ever Ive been given something after performing magic. It was great. I really want to go busking now.

Cheers, Tom

Ps. Oh and also Ive been to 2 parties quiet recently, and when Ive got there I knew nobody except for the friend who invited me and by the end of the night, everyone knew me. I did some very successful performances and I have video footage of one which (when I get) I will post. :D

Congrats man,

On Sunday, I'm going to a place called Science World in Vancouver, and right now there is the Society of American Magicians (Click Here if you want to see) so, I decided what better place to take my close-up act to. So, I'm gunna bring all my cards, and gadgets with me and perform and make it seem like I'm part of the group there. I'll make a post about it later.

That reminds me of the scene from Distortion where Wayne gets 5 bucks and wants to go buy Clam Chowder....I think.

Keep at it,
-RA69

Congrats man,

On Sunday, I'm going to a place called Science World in Vancouver, and right now there is the Society of American Magicians (Click Here if you want to see) so, I decided what better place to take my close-up act to. So, I'm gunna bring all my cards, and gadgets with me and perform and make it seem like I'm part of the group there. I'll make a post about it later.

That reminds me of the scene from Distortion where Wayne gets 5 bucks and wants to go buy Clam Chowder....I think.

Keep at it,
-RA69

Don't you have to be a member of S.A.M. to be able to perform at their gathering?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results