First performance

Jun 16, 2017
Hi

I Am learning magic for about 5 months I know a couple of tricks from magicstream.com but I want to preform more and better any must learn effects that I need to learn? Or tips about preforming is always helpful

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
The best advice is to start checking out magic books. They will teach you more than just one trick. The best thing you can do is learn the basics to magic and work on your performance. Then you can chose the tricks that you feel suit your personality best.

Aug 16, 2011
I agree with obrienmagic and will add to his suggestion. I would recommend picking up first and foremost, the Royal Road to Card Magic. If you choose not to get any other book, make sure you have this one in your library. Almost every magic video you watch involving cards is going to have some sort of move or sleight used from this book. 2nd is Modern Coin Magic. If you want to learn anything involving coins, this is THE bible for coin work. Lastly I will recommend Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. This book has cards, coins, sponge balls, rope, billiard balls, you name it, it's probably in there.

However, saying all that. If you can't learn by reading and need something visual and prefer video to start out until you master the fundamentals, I will recommend a few videos. For cards, I would recommend Born to Perform Card Magic by Oz Pearlman and Crash Course isn't too bad either and I believe that's on magicstream. However, I prefer and recommend, Born to Perform. For coins I recommend Metal by Eric Jones and also David Roth's, Expert Coin Magic DVD's.

I do want to mention one thing if you do decide to go the video route. Do not just watch them once and think you got the move down. Rewind as many times as it takes and practice a lot. You may want to skip on to the next sleight or effect, but your patience will pay off in the long run and you'll be a much better magician for it.

Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results