Flashed

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Nothing. You can, of ocurse, apologize and move on to another trick/leave the people, but it is so much more gratifying if you ignore the mistake and proceed to chage the trick in such a way that the spectator believes he has caught you - but you hit him in the face.

Not literally of course, but you get the idea. And one more thing. Learn from it. No one's perfect (Michael Ammar aside) ; so you learn from your mistakes :)

Gustav

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
"You see, that's what I wanted you too see... while you were concentrating on that, I did a secret move right in front of your eyes... did you catch that as well? No? What was your card? Really? I don't think I saw that in the deck... It's been right here in my pocket the whole time, how could you have picked it? You're pretty sneaky..."

Make your own damn mechanics to it. :p

Apr 28, 2008
It happens to all of us from time to time.

Sometimes it can be saved with some quick thinking, e.g. if the audience caught a glimpse of a control and says the card is on top or bottom you may be able to palm it off and take it out of your pocket, this has worked for me before.

If it's something 'bigger' e.g. they see a card in a palm, there's not much you can do aside from just carrying on with another effect, don't give them anytime to think about how you messed up. I wouldn't recommend trying to bs your way out of something like this, just admit your mistake and move on.

Oct 14, 2008
Some may find it hard to believe, but I've never messed up, I put alot into practice and I've never shown anything until I'm 100% confident and can do it with my eyes closed. I've had hecklers but I've never screwed up a sleight or flashed. Perfection takes practice and alot of it.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Some may find it hard to believe, but I've never messed up, I put alot into practice and I've never shown anything until I'm 100% confident and can do it with my eyes closed. I've had hecklers but I've never screwed up a sleight or flashed. Perfection takes practice and alot of it.
...and that's why you're da Masta Ace! :D

Oct 14, 2008
Yes....yes it is :D I probably sound a little over confident but I can't afford to screw up with my reputation on the line :( Lot of luck and alot of practice I suppose...and being the Masta doesn't hurt either :D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I've seen people screw up self working tricks, easy tricks, hard tricks... It happens. If your spectators don't know you've screwed up, you can sometimes recover if your head is screwed in and you're quick on your feet. If you can't, just apologise and move onto the next thing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results