flourishes to enhance magic

Jan 30, 2009
kent
what flourishes are there to use with magic and can youse lot send me some links as id be very grateful as i have started to be more into magic but need some flourishes to enhance my magic i use the hotshot cut with my pick a card trick but what other flourishes work well with magic.

Sep 1, 2007
First ask yourself if you're performing a magic act or a card manipulation act.

Flourishes don't inherently make a performance better. If I used an arm spread and a Sybil with tarot cards at a seance, it would turn the whole show into an unintentional comedy.

Jan 30, 2009
kent
its for performance

its for like magic where id go up to sdomeone and show them a basic trick so i always like adding in flouroshes but im not sure what to use i sometimes use card spins im not perticurlarly best at them but people like them so what flourishes would suit up front magic to people.

Sep 1, 2007
Go with Xtreme Begginerz then, but do remember that flourishes should be like spice. A little goes a long way.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Exactly,Do only two,maybe 3 small flourishes.Ive begun to notice that the small (EX-Devils pirouette) get the crowd more impressed than endless sybil variants.
You want them to say "woah he does great magic,and he's skilled at cards"
Not " ah well if he can do all that he can do any card tricks"

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
Just start with a springing and a swivel cut, thats really all you need, if they ask for something fancy then do a charlier into a one handed shuffle, that'll really get em goin ^^

how about this: You figure it out. Experiment to see what works for you. You dont really need advice that you wont listen to until you find out the hard way. So, just experiment. Do a sybil, and then do a quick effect with a normal double lift. Then go to another audience and DONT do a sybil, and do a flourishy Double lift like the diving board double, and study those reactions. Its jus a rough experiment though, you decide what you want to do. Study and record those reactions, and see which one is better.

Just remember, you can get advice on magic theory anyday, but until you get out there and study it for yourself, you will never understand what people are talking about.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results