Flow by Paul Harris and Dan Hauss

Sep 1, 2007
Ellusionist.com is going to release this at some point (I forget if they mentioned it) but the preview video can be found on youtube.com

it looks amazing, but I'd like some other opinions on this, what are you guys thinkin'? Worth the buy or are there better effects similar that I can pick up elsewhere for cheaper?

I'm interested in this effect but are there other ones that are practical and I may also take a look at?

~Beans

Nov 25, 2007
Surreality
i hate to be the only sensible person here, but the trick is so obvious, its not original and its nothing new. its in like three of these stupid kids magic books i have had since i was 5.

Sep 1, 2007
I think it looks decent, I haven't seen anything like it actually.

I had theories until the toothpick part, thats what sold me on the effect, because it's so skeptic still then, that was a perfect addition

~Beans

Nov 25, 2007
Surreality
im not bragging about knowing the effect, im just saying that i expected a little more from paul harris, and that it is not original.

and maybe i will have a cookie

Dec 7, 2007
i know how to do this i have the gimmick... a poorly made gimmick cheap and stuff like that but it works somewhat. it is unbelievably simple especially the toothpick part. if there is no gimmick then im stumped but if there is one then i already own it

Sep 3, 2007
FLOW uses an entirely different method than the old water-in-bottle-trick

And I forgot to mention, this method is also different from the anti gravico method in that the bottle is examinable at the end...

Brand new method/principle that could quite likely find may more uses. And the really great thing is that you are totally hands off for the entire effect. Well that's what really appeals to me.

from http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=237782&forum=218&start=30

more info in that thread.... I don't believe it's what you guys are thinking

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Jason Messina stated that the method was original, it does use gimmicks, it will come with the gimmicks to perform it and it will be $35.

If you think you know the method and it is unoriginal I suggest you challenge his statement directly on the Cafe or contact him through the astonishment project website. My guess is you don't actually know and are guessing because I seriously doubt Paul would put his name and company behind this project if it was something you found in a magic book for 5yr olds. Then again if what you have is working for you stick with it and don't worry about this release.

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Minnesota
I am very excited for this effect. I have become known for my card tricks, and this looks like the sort of effect that will... redefine how people see me.

i hate to be the only sensible person here, but the trick is so obvious, its not original and its nothing new. its in like three of these stupid kids magic books i have had since i was 5.

This method involves NO covers over the top of the bottle. I know your thinking of the old method where a thin plastic cover is placed over the top. This is BRAND NEW.
Plus.. com' on! This is Paul Harris, like Anthony said, there's no way he's presenting an effect that isn't brand new and full or awesome!

Calvin Lauber

Sep 1, 2007
This looks great but I am trying to get away from gimmicks for now.

Luis

Why so? Just out of curiosity I wonder why so many people try and leave gimmicks behind, they're fantastic and can make things very very clean and look very very real

This whole "Impromptu is the only real way to do real magic" trend is really getting annoying, yes it's a nice add on to a trick but I think gimmicks are fantastic.

~Beans

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results