Fool us card routine

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
Did anyone see the new episode of Fool Us last night? Penn and Teller did a great card routine at the end of the night with Penn giving the audience instructions and the magic happening in their hands. Wondering if any one knows if this is something of theirs or if it is in a book of self working card tricks somewhere.

It involved four card that were torn in half, one piece set aside, cards cut and eliminated until people were left with one piece that matched the one they had set aside earlier. That's a very 'what the audience remembers' description of the trick.

It would be fairly simple to learn just by watching a few times but I am interested to learn why it works if it is something available in a book or notes somewhere.

Reactions: Khaleel Olaiky

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
I have seen it, the trick totally fooled me, it's a pretty solid math trick but I'm sorry I have no idea about its history or how it's done.

Here is a Youtube link if anybody missed it:

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
Thanks I'll add that to my wish list. I thought it might have been Juan Tamariz so have ordered Verbal Magic which looks like a great book.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
It is Woody Aragon's effect. It is the first effect in his A Book in English. Tamariz's influence is evident. Eric Jomes performed this for a bunch of us at a lecture - it was amazing.

Verbal Magic is a great book. Paradise Found (I think that is the name) is one of my favorite effects to perform (with some tweaks to the presentation).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results