For Game Night

Jan 24, 2017
Hi everyone,

I started collecting cards and learning beginner level magic/cardistry a few months ago mostly because I knew this summer I would be going on vacation with a group of friends as me and my wife's first big vacation since we had our daughter. My goal originally was just to have a decent deck of cards to use, and it turned into my current obsession in life.

My question is I'm trying to think of all the fun things I could do just sorta outta the blue when we all sit down to play some cards as it's my turn to shuffle. It's gonna be people just casually playing cards, so i think it would be really cool to just have this hidden talent pop out as we are playing.

I have most of the basic shuffles down, and most of the one handed cuts. If you guys were to sit down and play cards what would be your go to flourishes, and maybe card throws to use when dealing. Obviously all the cardistry stuff is really cool, but I'd like incorporate things to blend in with actually playing cards so there couldn't be a ton of flashing the faces and all that.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
The flourishes, in my experience, make people really nervous.

They will equate your flourishes to 'card cheat' and either put a lot of uneccesary attention on you at the card table. Or you won't be allowed to deal.

Obviously, this will vary between any circle of friends and card tables.

Honestly, a good dealer-quality shuffle and deal serves just fine.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results