For Owners of Digital Dissolve...

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
I just got my order today...
great shipping, great products...everything.

I just have a question for anyone else that got Digital Dissolve...
Does anyone find that the gimmick doesnt neccesarily match up?
Ive tried the trick a couple times for family and ive been called out on the gimmick.

Im just wondering if I should try ordering a copper/silver set from Schoolcraft for maybe a better match...a better fit.

Any comments???

-JOSH
p.s. Kenner's hair rocks.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I just got my order today...
great shipping, great products...everything.

I just have a question for anyone else that got Digital Dissolve...
Does anyone find that the gimmick doesnt neccesarily match up?
Ive tried the trick a couple times for family and ive been called out on the gimmick.

Im just wondering if I should try ordering a copper/silver set from Schoolcraft for maybe a better match...a better fit.

Any comments???

-JOSH
p.s. Kenner's hair rocks.
this is a matter for t11 to sort out so don't buy anything take a few pictures and fill in a ticket at theory11.com/support

kenners hair rocks? bit random

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
yea...i agree.
i just want to see if anyone else has a simliar problem. Like if that was how the coins were cut...obviously for the price, they're not gonna be some crazy amazing quality coin gaff. Jamie Schoolcraft is amazing...but there are reasons why his coin sets are expensive. You get what you pay for.

Like I said...i was just wondering if anyone else had had similar problems?

-JOSH

This is why you start with family and friends when you have a new effect. I'm assuming they instantly called you out. It's something I had trouble with, but after my dad and I reworked it, you have to use patter. Use motion of the hands. If you keep moving, change you handling just slightly, it's so incredibly beautiful. It's pretty simple after you get the patter right. This is what Theory 11 is about. You have to be a good performer to pull off such a trick. Good luck friend!

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
I agree with starting off with family and friends...I always try new routines or new tricks on them before it goes out into the real world. I just thought maybe you could really sit with your hands open and show the coins in plain view without having to try and cover the fact that its gimmicked. Thanks for the advice on keeping the hands moving. I will try that in the future.

-JOSH

Yeah keeping it in motion is the best I can give you... Also keeping eye contact may help, and doing some other tricks before. In the performance you see him doing some ACR to begin with, and I think that's a type of conditioning.
Since they believe you are magic already, introducing two coins shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, if you're a skilled magician, introducing two coins shoudln't be a problem anyways.

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Guys,

Each one of the gimmicks is hand made by Jamie Schoolcraft. In large runs like this, there may be a few imperfections. That said... these should be perfect. If you have any issue, just contact theory11 support.

In order not to expose the method, please refer all problems directly to us and not on the public forums.

Chris Kenner

the coverage your refering to is not gonna change. use misdirection is patter, and lower the display down and they won't be able to see anything awry.

chris, on weekends your picture should be you in the batman suit =D

Family and friends FTW! I did distortion last night (I was so happy, my dad brought in a package when he got home saying "Does anyone know what Theory 11 is?" so I was watching the DVD)
I did distortion for my mom and dad, they both flipped.

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: I dunno about digital dissolve, but I can't wait for Panic!

Thanks,
Evan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results