For those of you who need a website...

Here's an easy way to make a website for only $10. Make an account at www.GoDaddy.com, and buy the domain you want. If you want to advertise, make it your name. like, www.yourname.com, then go to www.weebly.com, and make an account. Make a weebly website, with your theme, and your content. Go to godaddy, log in, go to your account, click on "manage domains" on the left side, click on your domain, then click on "total dns control and mx records." now listen carefully. there will be a list of hosts, cnames, and mx stuff. in the cnames section, delete the cname where the host is www. then, hit "add a new cname record" make the host www and the host name weebly.com. now go to your weebly site and hit publish. there will be 3 options, pick the third (i already own a domain name) and type in you domain name. now when you go to your domain, it will look just like your weebly site. It's a great way to build a website if you don't have lots of money. My site was built like this, so it is a good example. http://www.hijackedmagic.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 23, 2007
NC
Now that I know your a computer geek/ I mean whiz / expect a PM every time my piece of junk starts to break down. :) Just kidding.

Thats good info to have. I would'nt have come up with it and probably spent a lot more so thanks.
It looks like yours is coming together and I like the simple layout. For 10 bucks you cant lose.

hijackedmagic: I'm very knowledgeable in HTML. If you ever want a custom site designed, just let me know. I'm not asking for any money, I just really enjoy making websites. You could just add me to staff as "Web Designer" or something. PM me if you're interested.

Apr 24, 2008
hijackedmagic: I'm very knowledgeable in HTML. If you ever want a custom site designed, just let me know. I'm not asking for any money, I just really enjoy making websites. You could just add me to staff as "Web Designer" or something. PM me if you're interested.
HTML's just the smallest part. To make professional websites (or at least professional looking ones) you rather need great CSS skills than HTML skills.

Actually, this is just a simple method of editing the MX-Records, which you can do with like every domain from every seller. Also, if you want to make a real good website, you should probably get some webspace, a good book on HTML & CSS from Amazon and some effort.

Anyways, for noobs, this is a good one.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
HTML's just the smallest part. To make professional websites (or at least professional looking ones) you rather need great CSS skills than HTML skills.

Actually, this is just a simple method of editing the MX-Records, which you can do with like every domain from every seller. Also, if you want to make a real good website, you should probably get some webspace, a good book on HTML & CSS from Amazon and some effort.

Anyways, for noobs, this is a good one.

You say the word noob and forget to mention server side languages? :rolleyes:

You'd be hard pressed to find a professional website which doesn't utilize PHP, ASP, PERL...

For someone who has no knowledge, or very little and doesn't care to gain the knowledge, hijackedmagic was just explaining an easy and cheap way to have your own domain with a website, as web design isn't everyones cup of tea. Josh was just trying to help hijackedmagic out.

-ThrallMind

Apr 24, 2008
You say the word noob and forget to mention server side languages? :rolleyes:

You'd be hard pressed to find a professional website which doesn't utilize PHP, ASP, PERL...

For someone who has no knowledge, or very little and doesn't care to gain the knowledge, hijackedmagic was just explaining an easy and cheap way to have your own domain with a website, as web design isn't everyones cup of tea. Josh was just trying to help hijackedmagic out.

-ThrallMind
That's what I said.

And I actually didn't mention server side languages because I was talking about designing. And PHP got almost nothing to do with designing.

Now that I know your a computer geek/ I mean whiz / expect a PM every time my piece of junk starts to break down. :) Just kidding.

Thats good info to have. I would'nt have come up with it and probably spent a lot more so thanks.
It looks like yours is coming together and I like the simple layout. For 10 bucks you cant lose.
thanks! also, i'm not a computer geek. i just figured out how to do it after having the domain for like 5 months, and i wanted to do something with it.
ok thanks for that!

but one problem with you website...
Where do I go to become staff??

Thanks!
it's a hidden page, but i'll pm you where to find it.

edit- over 350 page views yesterday!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results