FREE Cold Reading Resource

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Not to insult anyone in particular, but after the billionth time of seeing someone post a "How Can I Learn Cold Reading?" request I decided to do something silly and pen a short essay on the subject complete with one of the most current and complete lists of resources (books, ebooks, learning systems, CDs, DVD, and audio tapes) covering said topic... and it's 100% FREE!

Just go here to download
Book = http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/learning-to-cold-reading/14330268

MY STORE (should you have link issues) = http://stores.lulu.com/nimetonmagicandpublishing

Nov 8, 2007
Very cool of you to put that together, Craig.

Just so you know, there is a grammar error in the title of the book you may want to amend. It is listed as "Learning to Cold Reading."

I also noticed you left out one of the very best cold reading sources available in your suggested reading list--Lee Earle's "The Gentle Art of Cold Reading."

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thank you Craig. This is a side of magic that I have not yet toyed with, however would like to very soon. This is much appreciated.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
The title issues have been correct... seems that was about as far as many got (haha) given the number of comments I've seen on several posts

I will offer a word of warning (again)... the opening pages of this book are not flattering to the whole skeptic/critical world that most get exposed to on this topic. I have deliberately distanced views from this promoted "formula" process, revealing the methods that have been used by the majority of Mentalists that got involved with said craft, prior to the late 1980's and early 1990's... a bit of what I call "Old School" Mentalism. While you'll find the Rowland Book and other such pieces listed in the resource section, you will likewise find notes discouraging any first year student of Cold Reading, from using them UNTIL they get some solid experience under their belt employing the older "tried & true" methods... their not nearly as easy (at first glance) as learning piles of one liners and spiel, but I will assure you of a higher rate of accuracy as well as a far more valid sense of public acceptance in that you will not be gushing the same basic words, ideas and predictions time, after time, after time.

Back in the early 90's I managed a New Age bookstore in Las Vegas where several psychic's worked. One in particular was a gent that was constantly being "found out" when it came to using stock scripts and establish one-liners (Barnum Statements, as most would know them). There's nothing like earning that kind of reputation and suffering the consequences (as in little to no work, let alone actual credibility in the mind of consumers). So do keep this in mind before jumping to conclusions with things.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results