Friction aids my sleight, is that really undesirable?

Aug 15, 2017
What I mean is, well...I have been trying to perfect my classic palm with cards. And sometimes, SOMEtimes what happens is that the reason the card is held securely becomes the fact that although my thumb pad has lost grip on the inner right corner of the card, the back of the card due to (I dunno, friction? Sweat?) gets kinda stuck to my thumb pad. Not SERIOUSLY stuck, but it gets securely held.
Now I don't know. That is DEFINITELY not what the palm requires me to do, and I really don't wanna fall into a habit of doing that (because sometimes my hand becomes extremely dry). However, is it SO bad for my improvement that I should regard a palm where such a 'friction-help' happens with me as not a palm at all? Or is it THEORETICALLY wrong, but PRACTICALLY excusable?

All this being said, I am still trying to prevent myself from depending on said friction as much as I can.

Jul 26, 2016
In my opinion, it is definitely excusable. And not only that, it is downright useful. I mean it's kind of like a trapeze artist having a safety net, but nobody knows it's there. Now of course, you should continue to practice the technique of the palm, as you seem to be doing diligently, so you you do not have to depend on this unorthodox thing of the card sticking to your thumb pad. Especially since you have emphasized it happens only sometimes. Thus it is not really dependable. But, what the heck? Until you get to the point that you can nail the palming of the card I see nothing whatsoever wrong with it.

Reactions: Lord Magic
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results