Front/Back Palm

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Alright, I am slowly trying to master as many fields of magic as possible in the next three years and I think I am trudging along rather nicely. I am currently reading Tarbell and Bobo's and both have me stuck at the same point, the front and back palm. I can imagine how useful this sleight is, but I can't even start a back palm (even without the switch from front palm) and get it to look natural. Any advice??? I am currently using Half-Dollars, so don't think that I am trying this with Quarters or something like that.

-Thanks

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
My advice? Keep working on it.

You haven't given us any real details, so I can't advise any further. Just keep adjusting until you get something that works.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I should have said the front and back finger palming. I can do the front finger palm with it resting between the first and forth fingers just fine. But when I switch to back palm it doesn't feel like the coin is big enough. I have tried it with Silver Morgans and then it just feels too big. Am I trying to get my hand flat for the appearance???

Jun 14, 2008
Unna, Germany
Hi there,

The coin that you use for backpalming should fit the size of your fingers! A Morgan Dollar has been far too big for my hands.

When I was 20 years old , I did a stage coin act, based on the routine by Ron Mc Millan. I did a coin production of 8 coins from the backpalm. I used thin "palming coins" or Magic coins, the size between a half dollar and a Morgan dollar.

The distance on stage makes this easy and your hand does not look unnatural at all. practise a lot and you will be able to backpalm up to about 6 to 8 coins with no problem on stage.

Hope, this helps,

Ravi

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
jay sankey shows you how to do a goshmans pinch . its a lot easyer to learn

he will show you how ot clip it with one finger and turn your hand so people cant see.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results