Fruit Manipulation

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
I recently had an idea for a fruit manipulation routine, (vanishing, producing, color changing fruits) and was wondering if anyone has any resources I should look into that may help me with creating this routine before I go about creating my own sleights and whatnot. So far, Ray Kosby's "The Bite" and the area of Billiard Ball Manipulation have been brought to my attention.

Are there any more tricks, sleights, ideas, or areas of magic that I should look into?

In related news, I've been practicing card manipulation and was wondering if there are any jackets specifically designed for card manipulation loading or if they have to be specially tailored.

Thanks for your help!

Feb 8, 2016
This is an interesting question and I hope to see the results of your research one day. :)

One thing to note is that fruits range from tiny to very large so there's a lot of sleight of hand that could apply to fruit magic. You could do a three ball routine with grapes that leads to a cups and balls with lemons as the finale and you can then turn the lemons into limes then produce a melon or whatever. Obviously that's a random and not very well thought out routine but my point is that a lot of magic can be done with fruits, the difficulty is more in the "why?"

Good luck!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Kyle Marlett has a vanishing banana, Dan Hauss has a bitten and restored apple as well as Dalton Wayne

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
There is the classic bill-in-lemon, if that helps.

As for the 'why', I figure that would be easy: make a routine based on eating breakfast or a snack. Have some handkerchief/napkin magic. Throw in some eating utensil magic and there you go. A magicians breakfast.

Ha! Bend a spoon until it breaks off in your cereal!

It's just a matter of careful trick section to make it look like a more...organic performance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results