Fun idea that i need some help with! :)

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Ok before i begin, if you have not seen my purse frame routine please watch the video at the bottom of this post! :) If you already are aware of it.. read on! :)

Quite often i am asked "is that all you keep in there? your balls?" or something to that effect. I want to respond with "yes unfortunately, I do keep some other fun stuff in my other purse tho!" As i say this i will reach into the invisible purse frame and remove one of those small vinyl gosh man style purses. In theory it should catch them off guard.

So here is my question...

What "fun stuff" should i keep in there? I am already leaning towards:
-a $100 bill (my first 100 tip)
-a "lucky rabbits foot" (made to fit inside because it will be too big for the purse which may be funny)
-a folded card prediction
-a button (why not? lol)
-a coin...? meh.... maybe something really old or nice? iono

Now two criteria here....

1. it is meant to be a bit of a gag and it should not go on forever. I also do not necessarily want to lead into another effect with it (unless it will directly tie into my ring routine) It should be like 2-3 funny objects that get a laugh and then kind of be over so i can move on with the sponge routine.

2. I dont wanna do "dirty." i posed this question on FB and almost every comment was sponge dong or condom.... naw... not my brand strength lol.

Any feedback or help is welcome other than this! Thanks in advance!!!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Crazy picture of you. Something about how you don't want other people seeing it, for health purposes or something... In fact,if you wanna go all out, you could go buy the worst possible out fit, mess up your hair (no hat :O), and where the outfit, and pose for a picture. Then use that.

Other ideas:
Your ring? Their ring? No, that seems like a bad idea.
Emergency mini sandwich.
Uhhh. That's all I got lol.

Feb 1, 2017
a picture of a sponge ball
a more firm red ball (same size)
a sponge square
not a red ball, but a red bull
business card
a playing card (but when you flip it over its an Ace of Sponge Ball)

Reactions: obrienmagic
Jun 21, 2017
I'd put in a peanut/ almond or something. Look surprised, and then pop it in my mouth

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I'd put in a peanut/ almond or something. Look surprised, and then pop it in my mouth
1 problem with that. If the spectator is allergic to peanuts, and you miss, and it hits their arm, they get a rash. Plus, it would freak them out about it (not to mention that's like a 1 time thing). I would advise against this.

Jul 28, 2017
Just gunna list some random stuff might spark some ideas. Some suggestions might be a little dark lol.

Mini handcuffs, like tiiiiny.
A tiny safe with something inside it.
A mango, and A banana for scale.
A pair of scissors but still in their hard plastic case because you need the scissors to open the case to get the scissors.
A red card that says 'turn over' on both sides.
A funny shopping list.
A small glass jar with 2 bits of pepper in it but a label on it that says 'the bees knees'.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Just gunna list some random stuff might spark some ideas. Some suggestions might be a little dark lol.

Mini handcuffs, like tiiiiny.
A tiny safe with something inside it.
A mango, and A banana for scale.
A pair of scissors but still in their hard plastic case because you need the scissors to open the case to get the scissors.
A red card that says 'turn over' on both sides.
A funny shopping list.
A small glass jar with 2 bits of pepper in it but a label on it that says 'the bees knees'.
I think mini handcuffs and the Bee's Knees are the only 2 really plausible. I mean, the bag is smaller than a coin purse. The Bee's Knees one is gold :D

Jul 28, 2017
2 small vials. Both with coloured water insid. 2 labels. 1 says medicine, the other says laxative but the labels have fallen off both bottles so you cant tell which is which.

You could says how had it was getting those knees. Lol

Jun 11, 2017
I saw it bro let me think for a sec. So the purse frame would be for any girls right? Not just those dorky girls? So, add to the routine a coin coming out of the purse. That would be bomb.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I saw it bro let me think for a sec. So the purse frame would be for any girls right? Not just those dorky girls? So, add to the routine a coin coming out of the purse. That would be bomb.
Also, make sure your purse is fitted on your shoulder while you play with a little purse.
... It's a coin purse... even then, its just the metal part of it.

Go back to the 1st post and read it, and watch the video. Then you will understand lol.

Jul 26, 2016
Maybe a mismade bill, which you could stick in your jacket pocket and later circle back and turn into a regular one dollar bill...

Very nice sponge routine, BTW!

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
All great ideas! I am putting this little gag on hold for the moment because as of now I have tested a few ideas and it kills the finally of the trick lol. So maybe instead of using the purse in the middle of the routine. I will use it as a callback and pull out the frame again and pull stuff from it as sort of a recurring gag. Plus if I was really a magician and that magic purse was really holding the contents I should be removing all of my items from it (sharpie to have a card signed, handkerchief, purse with coins in it, etc.)

Reactions: Maaz Hasan

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Crazy picture of you. Something about how you don't want other people seeing it, for health purposes or something... In fact,if you wanna go all out, you could go buy the worst possible out fit, mess up your hair (no hat :O), and where the outfit, and pose for a picture. Then use that.

Other ideas:
Your ring? Their ring? No, that seems like a bad idea.
Emergency mini sandwich.
Uhhh. That's all I got lol.

I am planning on taking a picture of my daughter wearing a newsboy hat soon. LOL i could totes say how it was me when i was a baby and just edit the photo to make it look old lol

Feb 1, 2017
I am planning on taking a picture of my daughter wearing a newsboy hat soon. LOL i could totes say how it was me when i was a baby and just edit the photo to make it look old lol

run it over a fire. helps make it look old.

this works with paper, but im not sure about photos. drench it in tea/coffee and bake it for about 6 minutes.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
run it over a fire. helps make it look old.

this works with paper, but im not sure about photos. drench it in tea/coffee and bake it for about 6 minutes.
He could just go into gimp (which is free, or photoshop if he has it)and just apply the burn effect.

Also, if you put it in an oven, it could burst into flames.

Feb 1, 2017
He could just go into gimp (which is free, or photoshop if he has it)and just apply the burn effect.

Also, if you put it in an oven, it could burst into flames.

Yeah I understand you could make the image look old (like making it sepia or whatever). But I meant more like this:

Which makes the actual photo feel old. This is for paper. I've run a photo over a fire before and put it out right away to give it that old look and feel. Never tried the above method however.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Yeah I understand you could make the image look old (like making it sepia or whatever). But I meant more like this:

Which makes the actual photo feel old. This is for paper. I've run a photo over a fire before and put it out right away to give it that old look and feel. Never tried the above method however.
Oh yeah, I totally see the difference.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results