Funky pass

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
It's fast. It's pretty. If it's silent, it's gold.

But will still require a split second of misdirection. Laymen have no idea what just happened...but you can see something happen.

With that, barring fully covering with one hand, it's the cleanest pass I've seen in some time.

-Rik

very fast but VERY jerky. an amazing magi friend of mine said he would rather have a pass that flashed but was smooth than one that was invisible and jerky.

looks good, hopefully for you its silent.

It looks nice but like what was already said it was a little jerky. Also passes look better on a camera than in real life, so in my opinion just watch out with the audience realizing that the jerkiness of your pass is a little out of place an suspicious. Try to shoot more for smoothness, because with a smooth pass it is less likely for the audience to realize something deceptive has occurred but with a jerky pass it has a higher chance of being noticed. Nice pass, but its just personal opinion of you took it a little slower and smoother.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I like it :)

It reminds me of the first pass I taught myself, which was just a looser variation of my cureent classic pass handling. That too was jerky, and I executed it while apparently toying with the deck whilst chatting to the spectator's.

I think the point somebody made earlier about rather having a 'smooth pass that flashed', rather than a 'jerky pass that's invisible' is a bit silly. I mean each to their own, but I'd rather a spectator think I was just a bit messy with the cards (which would perhaps even strengthen the fact that I STILL manage to magically triumph :)), than have them see exactly what's going on while I'm executing what should be secret moves.

Keep at it!

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results