Gambling Related Card Tricks

Dec 18, 2009
hey guys I'm in need of gambling related card tricks. If you don't know what I mean an example is Fan 2 C. Another is 4 Royal Flushes by John Scarne. I'd love some help. Thanks.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Search for Darwin Ortiz's work, he does a lot of gambling demonstrations.

I also agree with RiffleActionPalm (RAP to those who can read between the lines, that's right he's a genre of pseudo-music) that almost anything can be seen as a gambling demonstration.

Triumph could be seen as a miracle of magic or gambling level sleight of hand, Ricky Jay's Variation as an Alaskan Poker Deal. :)

Just an example.

Sep 14, 2009
Search for Darwin Ortiz's work, he does a lot of gambling demonstrations.

I also agree with RiffleActionPalm (RAP to those who can read between the lines, that's right he's a genre of pseudo-music) that almost anything can be seen as a gambling demonstration.

Triumph could be seen as a miracle of magic or gambling level sleight of hand, Ricky Jay's Variation as an Alaskan Poker Deal. :)

Just an example.

Thanks.

By the way, Triumph is a shuffle.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Thanks.

By the way, Triumph is a shuffle.

Triumph is the name of a Dai Vernon effect where he utilized the Zarrow Shuffle.

His presentation was a story of the last time he was doing 'this trick' (I wonder which one he was doing?) and the spectator asked to shuffle. Low and behold the spectator shuffled half of the cards face up into the other half which was still face down. This left a big mess. He does end up Triumphant while at the same time sorting out the mess he decided to leave the selection facing the other direction.

:)

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
yeah Triumph is an effect, but the super-clever shuffle Dai Vernon uses is dubbed the Triumph shuffle.

Mr. Modern Magician :D, like foolz said Darwin Ortiz's stuff is great. His "Back at the Card Table" DVDs have some great stuff, and is performed for live audiences. Ortiz is the man!

Allan Ackerman, John Scarne, Paul Wilson, Marlo and Malone are all good sources to learn some great gambling routines!

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
This really depends on what you are looking for and how much work you want to put into it. Because there are a ton of gambling effects out there. Some are very easy to pull off and others take a crapton of skill.

If you're willing to put the time and effort into learning all the "hard" stuff then I'd suggest looking guys like Steve Forte, Darwin Ortiz, Ben Earl, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

But if you want to learn how to pull it off without having to learn super complicated moves and still be able to do a ton of other card effects at the same time without anything complicated. I'd suggest you look into Simon Aronson and Juan Tamariz.

Sep 14, 2009
Well, still, Triumph is a shuffle... How do I know this? I am studying under people that sessioned with Vernon.

Most people think that Triumph is the effect and shuffling of face up/ face down...

When actually, Triumph is just a shuffle..

The face up/face down conjuction with the effect that could be performed with the shuffle came from a man that most likely no t11 members have ever heard of.. by the name of Sid Lorraine.

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
Well, still, Triumph is a shuffle... How do I know this? I am studying under people that sessioned with Vernon.

Most people think that Triumph is the effect and shuffling of face up/ face down...

When actually, Triumph is just a shuffle..

Technically you are right, Triumph started out as just the shuffle, but nowadays everyone refers to the trick itself as triumph. There are variations of the triumph trick that don't use a false shuffle.

The face up/face down conjuction with the effect that could be performed with the shuffle came from a man that most likely no t11 members have ever heard of.. by the name of Sid Lorraine.

Sid Lorraine is not obscure enough that no one on T11 will know about him. I'm sure there are many here who have at least heard of him before (myself included). You may be underestimating people on these forums.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results