Gathering: What is it about christmas?

Hey guys!

Ah, it's been too long. A lot has happened since i was last active, i've been silently stalking everyone for the past few months(no really i have, especially you Draven). Anyway, as a sign of my return i wanted to get your input on something.

What do you as a performer change at christmas?(talking about your act's)
Do you make a new one to fit the need or do you change the one(s) you already have.
Different patter or different moods during the presentation?

M.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Well acts... I can't really say I have "acts," but I can still respond to this thread.

I maybe add in a trick or change the patter to include something to do with Christmas...

Heck, I used my D'lites on Diwali (Indian Festival of Lights) and said it had to do with the occasion, and continued on with my routine. You could probably do the same for Christmas... (now that I think about it, I'm gonna do that)

For tricks, I just use objects that have to do with Christmas...

Jun 10, 2010
HA! That's not the worst of it... :)

And FYI, my skin color is quite whitish...

I'm Indian too, but D'lites aren't quite my style. Lol. We didn't celebrate Diwali this year, one of my uncles passed away so no celebrating stuff for a year. :/ Atleast my skin isn't white though, it refuses to pale that much without sunlight. Brown4lyphe!

But for my ACR, I ask spectators to draw a "Rudolph" on it and whenever the card comes to the top I just say that reindeer really know how to fly :)

And I know this doesn't effect the actual performance, but I generally wear a Santa hat during the last week or two before Christmas. I might start doing some patter with it as a stocking too, holidays tend to open a lot of doors for patter that's seasonal and a nice change of pace :D.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
haha I love how all the posts on this are about how surprised you are that there's another "brown" person on the forums. You don't see me doing that about other black people. Side note: I never understood why they called black people "black", we're sepia toned, at least I am. :)

Jun 10, 2010
haha I love how all the posts on this are about how surprised you are that there's another "brown" person on the forums. You don't see me doing that about other black people. Side note: I never understood why they called black people "black", we're sepia toned, at least I am. :)

Well, in Africa, around the equator, where your ancestors were from... It was a LOT sunnier, and as a result, some where nearly black or black. And I think it's also an overexaggeration.

Besides, "black" people are cool. I just find it funny whenever people joke about them because that's the way they feel about other people sometimes.. Lol.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Well, in Africa, around the equator, where your ancestors were from... It was a LOT sunnier, and as a result, some where nearly black or black. And I think it's also an overexaggeration.

Besides, "black" people are cool. I just find it funny whenever people joke about them because that's the way they feel about other people sometimes.. Lol.

Yeah I knew that but most of us aren't THAT dark. :)

Hey guys!

Ah, it's been too long. A lot has happened since i was last active, i've been silently stalking everyone for the past few months(no really i have, especially you Draven). Anyway, as a sign of my return i wanted to get your input on something.

What do you as a performer change at christmas?(talking about your act's)
Do you make a new one to fit the need or do you change the one(s) you already have.
Different patter or different moods during the presentation?

M.

I don't really change up the presentation much of my bits, but I do wear lighter colors. I guess it's also just knowing your audience too. Knowing what the booker wants you to do, and following through with those expectations. If I am trying to be festive, then I've got a light purple and silver vest, I trade in the black long coat and shirt for a grey sports jacket, and pink button down. The black slacks either go to white or kacky. I also tend to stick to more magic based themes and less on the side show. Which is odd for me because any other time of the year you'll see the opposite in my show. I guess in a sense I'm lucky that I try to keep to a Victorian theme in general, since Victorian is very Dickens, and that fits in with Christmas like plum pudding.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results