Gecko Review

Mar 2, 2008
Effect- Person hands magicain a item and it vanishes with both hands empty.

In the box- Theres three geckos in it, a DVD, a arm strap and refills.

PROS
Very visual
Easy to use
The set up is not that hard.
Barrowed objects
No sleves

CONS
Makes a settle noise (if your in public no one will hear it it)
Kind of fragile
Could damage objects. (test it on your own stuff first most stuff will be ok)
A little over price
Angles. make sure no one gets behide you.

over all rating
8.5/10

I think its worth buying. Its so much fun when you get good with it.

Jun 24, 2008
United States
i remember watching the preview for that and then read some reviews, and they said that they dont teach you how to do all the vanishes that they show in the preview.

Mar 2, 2008
Most of the vanishes are the same thing. Once you get it and see what its all about you can see how most the vanishes and changes work.

Apr 27, 2008
Do not get

I have practiced with this thing ever since it came out. Way overpriced for something that probably costs about 10 to 15 bucks, I made four of these so far from Wal Mart supplies. No you cannot make objects reappear I have tried misdirection and other ideas but getting the item is way to difficult. No they do not teach you all of the tricks, making bottles and stuff disappear is realllly hard to do imo. I would not recommend this at all, I have not been this disappointed since I bought the M5 and maybe this was due to somewhat high expectations. The noise it makes is not a settle noise and when I have done this is cough but it just sounds very fishy. I just cant stress how much I would recommend you stay away from this product and get something else for your money like Exit by Peter Eggink.

Aug 4, 2009
I've used it several times in bars, and the sound goes un-noticed.

Unfortunately, the DVD supplied does not show how the successfully vanish larger items such as the beer bottle.

Overall, I think - judging from reactions I've gotten - it's a fairly solid product with a great effect. Yes, you can build one of your own, but you're paying for the trick and the product.

Mar 2, 2008
I'm going to re-review this product after almost a year later.

Effect- Person hands magicain a item and it vanishes with both hands empty.

In the box- Theres three geckos in it, a DVD, a arm strap and refills.

PROS
sorta visual
Barrowed objects
No sleves

CONS
Makes a settle noise (if your in public no one will hear it it)
Kind of fragile
Could damage objects. (test it on your own stuff first most stuff will be ok)
Over price
Angles. make sure no one gets behide you.
The set up will take a while
Reset stinks

over all rating
5.5/10

When you first get it, you will like it. looks great in the mirror because your praticing at the good angel, it sucks to use in public .

Please dont buy.

Aug 5, 2009
Paris
I totally agree with ajp500
The most notifiable cons are the noise and the damage that could make to the objet (also to yourself, don't try to vanish a knife...)

If you want to reset, you have to go away from the audience..
also the price, it's don't worth it

3/10

Feb 24, 2009
California
I totally agree with ajp500
The most notifiable cons are the noise and the damage that could make to the objet (also to yourself, don't try to vanish a knife...)

If you want to reset, you have to go away from the audience..
also the price, it's don't worth it

3/10

Not a fan of the Gecko... Better devices out there at a much more competitive prices... The best one I have used is half the price of the Gecko. It does take more to set-up, but it is so much more versatile in the end. A cleaner vanish and the option to explode the object as a cover to any noise issues.

This "thing" has a lot of potential, but in the end it fails as it over utilizes the commercial with camera angles. It just doesn't live up to the hype that it had. Why would you review this thing without some public performances that could back it up? If you did then I don't see how you could change your mind? Don't take it harshly just an observation

Mar 2, 2008
Why would you review this thing without some public performances that could back it up? If you did then I don't see how you could change your mind? Don't take it harshly just an observation

I have, its terrible.

I wrote this first review about a year ago and i got it to work acouple of times.

I would say it looks good 3/10. That doesn't cut it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results