Genesis

Sep 20, 2009
anyone have any idea of Genesis teaches card tricks and card manipulation, or only card manipulations?

Cardistry/Flourishing/Manipulation/Whatever the hell people wanna call it - why are there so many names anyway? -.-"

Well, I think "card manipulation" usually refers to things like this, IE pulling cards out of the air ect. But I guess it can also relate to flourishing and such..

now im comparing Andrei and Dan and Dave, and Daniel Madison's flourishing

They are all three very different styles, which one appeals to you the most?

Sep 20, 2009
so far i like Daniel Madison's style the most, but ill wait to see the clip in Genesis when it come out

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I call it XCM for the simple fact that that's what it is.

-Ben

It's very easy to disagree with that.

Compare XCM to a guy jumping off a giant snow ramp and doing multiple revolution acrobatics mid-flight, and XCM looks like a drunk turtle with 3 arms and sever Alzheimer's.

Anyway, I didn't mean to pull the topic. Sorry about that. Back to the OP...

Sep 2, 2007
London
I call it XCM for the simple fact that that's what it is.

-Ben

Where did you get that idea from? Flourishes, and card manipulation in general, have been around a lot longer than spelling stuff with an X when it actually starts with an E (in those days, they were using K's instead of C's...much cooler). Armspreads, fans, flourish cuts, aerials and any other category of "XCM" move you can think of have been around for over a century.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, Genesis will be CARDISTRY only.

As far as what you call it.... I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, it's what you have to show for. In the very near future (once my time frees up a little), I'll be hosting some videos and podcasts in which we'll be discussing some topics that have been on my mind for years now.

Get ready to start debating, discussing, and learning. We'll discuss where Cardistry is in relation to Magic, why I personally like to call it Cardistry, and how Cardistry can be utilized in the real world scenario. These are just the tip of the iceberg and hopefully, we'll get very in-depth. I'll also take technical questions in terms of helping with certain aspects of Cardistry (concepts and/or moves in general). Don't want you to think I've forgotten about the "Cardistry Initiative"! Can't wait to start it up, I'll make a video discussing it a little further sometime soon.

-Andrei Jikh

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results